• Tite_lock

9 26.47%
  • Mr.Crappie

2 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which rod holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which rod holder

The company I work for is giving us a gift certificate to Cabelas:D , so I thought I could finally get some rod holders. The ones I see in the catalog are Tite-lock, Driftmaster, and Mr. Crappie so I thought who better to ask than the experts. Which one do you think? Thanks for the advice
    A positive additude may not fix all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tightline and for me nothing is better than the driftmasters. I got mine from Walmart ("iftmasters" :D ) for @ $12 ea.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmasters is my choice

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster all the way

Post Thanks / Like

i have the tite-lok black widow ultras and it think they work great. a little expensive but very sturdy and heavy-duty, yet easy to take down.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both but I prefer the tite-lok better for the simple reason that you can adjust the pole to different angles. The drifmasters are more sturdy and don't bounce as bad as the tite loks but if you fish with different size people, a 90 lb kid one day and a 230lb man the next, the boat will sit at different levels in the water and you have to adjust your rod angles. That is if you fish your rod tips close to the water which is what I do if I spider rig to keep the wind from blowing the tips around. I do still use my Drifmasters if I am long line trolling because they are sturdier and seem easier to get the rod out when I have a fish on. Just something to think about.
    Last edited by sixfin; 03-06-2007 at 08:23 PM.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixfin
    I've used both but I prefer the tite-lok better for the simple reason that you can adjust the pole to different angles. The drifmasters are more sturdy and don't bounce as bad as the tite loks but if you fish with different size people, a 90 lb kid one day and a 230lb man the next, the boat will sit at different levels in the water and you have to adjust your rod angles. That is if you fish your rod tips close to the water which is what I do if I spider rig to keep the wind from blowing the tips around. I do still use my Drifmasters if I am long line trolling because they are sturdier and seem easier to get the rod out when I have a fish on. Just something to think about.
    I have Driftmaster Rod holders mounted on the rail of my boat and I can adjust them for rod tip height.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

The T bar system allows you to adjust at any time unlike the older flat bar

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I forgot about those mounts. I use the old flat T bar with the rod holders mounted on them for my Driftmasters. With the new mounts I would have to say Driftmasters are the better choice.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

driftmasters for me. i have the zero degree and can adjust to any angle with the T bar
    chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast