Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod tips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod tips

I have several tips that need replacing/missing. Some B&M, some others. what size am I looking for that will work on various different rods?
    A person should learn something new every day!

Post Thanks / Like

Give grizzly jig a call with rod description. They might be able to help out and ship to you. I know every time I've physically brought a rod to them they matched it.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly Jig has the replacement tip sections for most crappie poles
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

If it is the end of the tip that needs replacement you can do it yourself. I have replaced a bunch through the years. Bass pro,Cabela's,Academy,or who ever you use sells 1)individual tips of different sizes and 2) a pack with 3 different size tips and a stick of hot melt glue. The tips are usually metric sizes and Fuji is the brand I mostly use.
    Start by using a razor blade to scribe a ring around the tip to get it back to square.Scribe the tip and break off excess. Test fit the new tip - it should be snug.Next use lighter or match to heat the hot melt.Please don't heat the rod (graphite,kelvar,fiberglass)as it can weaken it. Once the hot melt is heated smear a bit onto the rod tip and the replacement tip ,quickly push together and align.Use rag to wipe excess hot melt and quench into ambient water.Once you start the process you need to do it all quick as possible.
    With practice you will get good at doing it and you are ready to get back after em. On fishing trips I take a gallon zip lock with various size tips and hot melt.Don't break many but can fix them if I do.Otherwise I second the vote for Grizzly Jig as a replacement source if you need the whole tip replaced.Good luck
    Last edited by Snagged again; 05-27-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Louie,Wade , and the rest of the Grizzly gang can only replace complete tips if you can identify your rod butts.That's likely true for phone orders.Otherwise you need need to take a road trip to Caruthersville.If you haven't ever been there you need to go anyway.Good people and a wonderful inventory .You'll be like a kid in the candy store giving your wallet some exorcise.
    Last edited by Snagged again; 05-27-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: clarity

Post Thanks / Like

Put a micrometer on it and have the exact size!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use 5 min epoxy when replacing just the tip, gives you time to work with it and you can clean up excess with alcohol before it sets

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team