HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Little Info To Share On Electric Fillet Knives

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Little Info To Share On Electric Fillet Knives

Hi All
    Hope everyone is off to a good Memorial Day Weekend and I'd like to express my thanks for all who have served in perserving the greatest place to live and raise our families!
    Thought I'd pass along what seems to be an answer to a long search for an electric knife that is working great.
    In the past I shared that we had used with great success the MT Pirahana blue and white knife when they had the Cuda blade available but since discontinued selling them and we like everyone else have been chasing a new solution.
    We have tried multiple different knives and we're currently using the new American Angler with the shark blades and have had decent success with them. They have been a little warm when run for extensive periods and the blades at times seem to catch on the skin when removing it. The cost at approx $90 each is a little pricey but as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.
    That was until I took a shot on a knife I saw at Walmart.
    Back in the old days we used exclusively a Black & Decker knife that worked great until they changed the engineering of the blades and that change caused the blades to spread when you put a little pressure on them and scales or flesh would get in between the blades that kept them from operating correctly.
    So I'm standing in Walmart and notice a Black & Decker knife Model EK500W on the shelf and it's priced at $15.96. My curiousity made me but it and give it a try. This was 3 months ago and the knife has cleaned well over a 1000 fish and it is still working beautifully.
    It is working so well that I went in to buy 3 more just to have as a backup in case the motor or gears give out to find out that they had dropped the price to $11.96.
    I wound up going to 3 stores in the St Charles, MO area and bought up 24 of them.
    A bunch to store for back up and a bunch to give away this Christmas.
    At this price it's less than the cost of the AA replacement blades.
    Hope everyone is well and getting a chance to spend a little time on the water.
    Likes eeker01, Quailtail, short grub, quadlee LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the "ELECTRIC FISHERMAN" by Mister Twister for 30 yrs. now and they
    are whole lot better since they beefed up the motors and made them more durable and longer lasting.
    Likes Quailtail LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by specseeker View Post
    Hi All
    Hope everyone is off to a good Memorial Day Weekend and I'd like to express my thanks for all who have served in perserving the greatest place to live and raise our families!
    Thought I'd pass along what seems to be an answer to a long search for an electric knife that is working great.
    In the past I shared that we had used with great success the MT Pirahana blue and white knife when they had the Cuda blade available but since discontinued selling them and we like everyone else have been chasing a new solution.
    We have tried multiple different knives and we're currently using the new American Angler with the shark blades and have had decent success with them. They have been a little warm when run for extensive periods and the blades at times seem to catch on the skin when removing it. The cost at approx $90 each is a little pricey but as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.
    Back in the old days we used exclusively a Black & Decker knife that worked great until they changed the engineering of the blades and that change caused the blades to spread when you put a little pressure on them and scales or flesh would get in between the blades that kept them from operating correctly.
    So I'm standing in Walmart and notice a Black & Decker knife Model EK500W on the shelf and it's priced at $15.96. My curiousity made me but it and give it a try. This was 3 months ago and the knife has cleaned well over a 1000 fish and it is still working beautifully.
    It is working so well that I went in to buy 3 more just to have as a backup in case the motor or gears give out to find out that they had dropped the price to $11.96.
    I wound up going to 3 stores in the St Charles, MO area and bought up 24 of them.
    Good timing. I have been using the Rapala one that Wal-Mart sells and am not real happy with how slow the blades oscillate. Slower oscillation seems to tear the meat more, rather than cut it... Might have to try the B&D now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Likes Quailtail LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by specseeker View Post
    Hi All
    i also bought this same Black and Decker model a few weeks ago. i also have the american angler with both the straight and the shark blades ($90 + extra for the straight blades) and i will never again use anything other than the B and D.
    Retired golf addict
    Likes eeker01 LIKED above post
    Thanks Dollfly thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did you find this knife in the Fishing section or in Housewares?
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Clint - it was in the housewares department.
    Likes "G", Clint, SuperCorona LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, I picked one up today for 11.96. I plugged it in and was amazed by how fast it ran. Now to catch some fish to try it on. I've been using a Mister Twister or American Angler and not satisfied with either.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a brand new in the package mister twister and one I used quite a bit of the same model.I also still have out in the garage the slow oscillating,expensive Rapala knife.Have used a couple models of American angler several years ago.Thought I was happy as a clam......A buddy proved to me I was losing about 10% of my crappie by using the electric instead of using a regular knife.We sorted through our catch one day and found two fish of identical weight.I used the electric and he used the regular knife.We put our fillets on postage scales and believe it or not my fillets were real close to 10% lighter.The difference is meat loss around the ribs.I was a bit faster with the electric but not as efficient.It's been 6 or seven years now and I have not used an electric since.To each their own....
    Likes IkenI, Redlabelace, TNReb58 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! Went this afternoon and picked up 3 for my dad and 3 for myself

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday afternoon*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast