Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ipilot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ipilot

I'm having a problem with my trolling motor i have a ipilot and the spot lock option on my power drive v2 won't run right when I go to use it , it just spin around and wraps up the cord then stops,I'll try again same thing . I've seen some threads on here about this awhile back , any information about this would be greatly appreciated

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a common problem with the power drive v2. Mine would also start spinning as I was trolling along. I finally came to
    the conclusion that moisture was causing it. I put a water proof cover over it when rain was imminent and the problem
    went away. It would also stop working for a day or two and the next day it would work fine. All this cleared up when I kept
    water out of it. You would think, as much as they cost and made to use outdoors, that the unit would be sealed. I now
    have a terrova and have had no problems with it. I probably should not have said that.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I've noticed mine overtravels occasionally when steering- today it seemed to do it a good bit early on. I was out in heavy rain the day before. I'll look into the moisture issue, thanks!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait till your hand held goes dead with a dead battery and your trolling motor is working a track that you recorded and it just keeps on running the recorded track. I had to replace the battery real quick as it was crazy still running on its own. I will buy a couple more batteries to have in the boat tomorrow. Love the Ipilot but it sometime has a mind of its own.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I changed the battery (And have a spare in the boat) because of the occasional quirky behavior. I was leaning towards a "line of sight" issue between remote and receiver, but the moisture issue is worth looking into for sure.

Mine hasn't moved on its own, but does move way too much with small button pushes now and then.