Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions on boats

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Looking for opinions on boats

I currently have a 2005 Nitro 882SC 115 Mercury its all set up for crappie fishing, spider rig, rod holders, etc. Just put new Humminbird Megas front and back linked and a Minnkota Ultrex trolling motor. Have owned the boat for 3 years zero problems , my brother has a 2002 Triton 175 Mercury TR186, set up for bass. He's going to sell or trade for a fishing pontoon. I was thinking on swapping boats with him before he does, taking all of my electronics , trolling motor, etc. putting on his and his on mine. There are 4 us brothers and we will be going in on the pontoon together so it doesn't really matter which one we trade or sell. There is a difference of about $1200 between the boats according to NADA with the Triton holding more value ( assuming the engine). So do I keep mine set up as is or swap? What does everybody think.

Post Thanks / Like

NO if you like the way your boat is set up and swap then you have to re-do everything you've got already and a newer boat. 60HP isn't worth it to me. JMO
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the newer boat

Post Thanks / Like

Take the newer boat and set it up. Hence, the things you have learned rigging the current one will make this new boat even better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bandchasher, the Nitro is the newer boat, that's what I have rigged. I did some more research and talking with others, they seem to think the Triton which is the older boat 2002 VS 2005, is a better made boat than the Nitro. Plus it's a 19' VS 18' in length. Both of the boats look great and have no problems . Both are kept inside when not on the water. I'm leaning toward the Triton, I have to make a decision soon.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of more room and stability, both at rest and under way. All other things being equal, and my electronics came with me, I would own a triton. I believe all manufacturers are using composite materials in transoms and decks and such since about 2000. The Triton being older would be something I would have to check on. All composite on both boats, I lean toward the bigger boat.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

How may hours on the motors? Bigger motor usually bETTer

Post Thanks / Like

are they both glass or is one aluminum

Post Thanks / Like

Both fiberglass ,less hours on the 175 Merc that's on the Triton

Post Thanks / Like

If you can swap it all and rig it yourself without incurring additional cost I would go that route. The bigger boat and motor alone would be worth it. Less motor hours, put on your tm and rigs and good to go. If it's holding more value now, it will hold more later if/when you do decide to sell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast