Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thinking about

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking about

Mixing in a few cranks while I push jigs this summer. I was wondering if it's best to leave all treble hooks as they re, remove one or maybe change to a standard hook to keep down tangles. Might be dumb question but inquiring minds want to know.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

I do two things to prevent hook tangles,I give each crank its own slot in the box,and I try my best to only use single treble hook cranks.Some of the double treble cranks are close enough on the body to actually snag themselves to each other,nuthin I despise more is to be Longlining a crank,only to find it hooked itself and was not working properly
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I used em like they came. I found that some of the bigger hooks tangled as Yaker said. I have used one upsized and the other as it came. I had a ton of fun trolling cranks, starting just as the spawn began for the staging fish, and going all the way into fall when they just wouldn't cooperate anymore. Other species will hit too so make sure your holders won't rotate or the rods can't jump out of the holders. Line counters help but I never had them and caught a lot of fish. Enjoy, and be ready for yet another addiction. I even began painting my own. That was also fun on the days I couldn't fish.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around