Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Motorguide xi5 DI Transducer Mount & Cable Routing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Motorguide xi5 DI Transducer Mount & Cable Routing

After much searching I just can't find how others have routed the DI transducer cable and was curious if anyone here has done so and how you did it? As soon as I can get the cable routing figured out I'll be able to get this out and really put it to use.

Thanks in advance for any help you can supply.

Johnny

Post Thanks / Like

Well everything I saw on the web about running your transducer cable down trolling motor when I got my xi5 was to get a air line (the type that stays in its coiled shape) and make slit in the side down the length of it. Than insert the transducer cable, this gives cable some protection while also keeping it in order. Than just wrap around shaft a couple times and than mount transducer. You won't need all the air hose,and you only need a couple coils around shaft to get job done. This is dependent on how long of shaft you went with and were you run your depth collar.Name:  20170522_104208.jpg
Views: 7582
Size:  89.1 KB hope this helps.
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have the hose connected to the mount or housing to keep it from hanging all over and getting in the way when you deploy it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a zip tie around hose and shaft right at bottom of shaft and the rest is loose. The hose comes off shaft and I've got most of extra cable stashed behind switch panel so I've just got the cable covered up to were it goes behind panel. The hose I got is a rather stiff plastic so to me the hose and cable doesn't seem to get in the way. Though it looks like it could be a mess but once you have trolling motor deployed it tightens up around shaft a bit.
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Let me save you a lot of grief. This is a transducer pole from fishing specialties. If your XI5 has spot lock it tends to twist all the way around and it broke my first transducer cable when I wasn't paying attention. The great thing about this is it locks into place on the opposite side of your boat and you get no trolling motor interference plus you just pick it up and store it in the supplied rubber clips when not needed. When you order it, just have to tell them what transducer you have and they will send the right base. It's not in the way of anything and you don't have to worry about your cable getting twisted up on the trolling motor. Cost is around 120.00 but it will pay for itself if you have to replace a transducer.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Likes huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Cornfield Crappie Gear - sponsor here on CdC

cable-save-r-for-xi5
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

cable-save-r-for-xi5
    or podunkideas.com also a sponsor
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on if you want to mount the transducer on the TM or on something like the Podunk Ideas da'ducer. Mounting it on the TM may induce some noise (static) on your DF/FF - not always but sometimes. Mounting it separate reduces the likelihood of that happening.

And if you ever want to add another DF/FF (like a 360° unit) the transducer for it can be mounted along with the other.

da'ducer Basic-L-Model
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

Placed my order with Cornfield Crappie Gear yesterday, should be shipping today, now time to get a temporary fix so I can hit the water this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

cable-save-r-for-xi5
    Likes Clint, Aquadog LIKED above post