Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Painted jig suppliers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Painted jig suppliers?

I was going to strike out and try to tie a few jigs. I went to the BPS to find some 1/16 oz painted jigs without the barbed collar used to hold the plastic tube on. I could not find a doggone package that fit my needs- they all had collars! Despite seeng them in the catalog. So i bought some various colors and thought I might be able to heat up a small side-cutters and remove the collar myself- we'll see. I then found some simple round-head jigheads sans collar int he fly fishing dept. the weight I wanted, but since they are in the fly-fishing dept. I have a feeling they are priced higher than a crappie fishermen would pay- plus I had to then buy powder paint in the colors I thought I would need- more money.

Is there a good source for simple, painted, cheap, round-head jigs suitable for jig-tying?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I might have a few to spare...

What are you looking for when it comes to size and weight? I am pouring this week and can add a few more to the list if you are interested. Good Fishin' The GrouseFly

Post Thanks / Like

Twain, I just cut the barb off and ty. If you want to ty a fly and and put some weight in it, get some small soldering wire or go to a golf shop and get some lead tape and wrap around your favorite hook and start tying. To cut that collar off sounds like a lot of work. Get on the Web and type in Fly Tying and go to some of the sites and watch some of the video's. They will give you some basics and idea's. Hope this helps. It can be habit forming.

Clipper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang
    I was going to strike out and try to tie a few jigs. I went to the BPS to find some 1/16 oz painted jigs without the barbed collar used to hold the plastic tube on. I could not find a doggone package that fit my needs- they all had collars! Despite seeng them in the catalog. So i bought some various colors and thought I might be able to heat up a small side-cutters and remove the collar myself- we'll see. I then found some simple round-head jigheads sans collar int he fly fishing dept. the weight I wanted, but since they are in the fly-fishing dept. I have a feeling they are priced higher than a crappie fishermen would pay- plus I had to then buy powder paint in the colors I thought I would need- more money.

Is there a good source for simple, painted, cheap, round-head jigs suitable for jig-tying?

hit my link for Janns,they have everything you'll need.