HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The numbers game

Post Thanks / Like

Default The numbers game

Some folks know it's possible and true and some don't. How many in numbers is it possible to ketch per hour .
    My bud texted me the other day with 30 fish in 15 minutes ! I know factually it's possible and have whacked ridiculous numbers myself in this fashion and in this length of time as well . So break out the slide rules and calculators and other mathematical measurement devices and let's hear you fish tales ....
    So what say you folks ?
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done close to that before, but none were keepers

On a lake I fish, there used to be a big blowdown that stuck out into about 25fow. The tree was on a bank that was about 75yds from the launch ramp I used. There always seemed to be a school of 7-9" Crappie that was suspended over the tree, sometimes year-round. We used to always fish that tree, first thing, just to get our eyes set to the "tic" in the line. Then after playing with the dinks for awhile, we'd head out to our "honey holes" and seek the keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

I dint say they had to be keepers bro ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it a try,most times Im a slow but steady catcher.If they don't need to be keepers,I might do pretty good though.Two weeks ago,I spotted a little hole of water just begging for me to try out.I broke out the Tenkara,as fast as I could release and cast,I caught another dink,I never counted,but I sure had a blast with the Tenkara.

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught red eyes/ rock bass, or whatever you call em on every cast on several occasions. Didn't count em or time em though.....

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught the flu 4 times in a year. Just saying

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

BAMA S is online now Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pardner and I caught 137 in an hour one time. Ery cast was a fish.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I counted once on a trip to the Candy Store and boated over 90 in just over 3 hours. Might have been a half dozen that would have made a sammich. I was learning a lot about their behavior and so on so that it was just a giant grin the whole time. Did that several times. A friend and I went one day and we got started on the outside edge where Billy popped a 2lb, 16" black. biggest I ever saw come out of there. Cast, watch the line, tic, set, play, land and repeat for hours.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

when you have a bait they are hitting as fast as you get it in front of them,and the distance to them is not too far...and they are stacked up and waiting... about one every minute would be a pretty good average for fast and furious action time you get them in and unhook them especially when you have to slow down to unhook one that's a little hard to get off...also depends on if you're keeping or throwing back and how long it takes you to hit the livewell or cooler. Thirty seconds or so if everything is just right...and just a little faster than that under perfect conditions. Hauling em straight up with a longpole from shallow water can go real fast.

I have fished for hours and hours catching almost nothing then hit just the right place when the bites picked up and caught them as fast as I could throw...and sometimes just got tired of catching them and left. And it can be keepers just as well as dinks ...if you're on a school of a specific year class of fish then that's what you catch.

Finding large schools is much harder now than it was even ten years ago around here on the typical public water.

You ever see video of commercial pole tuna fisherman sling them up and over there backs and the fish would just fall off a barbless hook? I'd say they are doing one every ten seconds at times. And were talking about 20 or 30 pound fish maybe bigger i dunno.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast