Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake monticello

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake monticello

someone was telling me yesterday the scdnr had removed all the fishing restrictions on the subimpoundment at monticello. fishing is allowed 7 days a week, gasoling motors allowed, and minnows are allowed to be used. this guy is on some kind of commitee that sets the wardens hours and mileage for york county and he said this come from a game warden. has anybody else heard anything about this happening? I noticed that the rules and regs for the scdnr managed lakes did not list anything about monticello in their online rules for managed lakes. If this is true, id reccomend you hit the subimpoundment and give drifting a try in the deep water next to the highway. its a dynamite way to catch em when they on the bottom in cold weather
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Ol Days

If my buddy Johnnie B. were still with us, why we'd go down there and show you how to catch a Crappie or two (dozen each). Last time I was on the subimpoundment I was WAY back up in the far end and my battery gave out, thought I would never get back to the landing. Have they changed the ramp there? It was the worstest one in the state. Who ever designed it should have his drawing board taken away.

Post Thanks / Like

we was back in there once when a storm blowed in. we threw caution to the wind and cranked the big motor and run to the landing, hoping no wardens was around. they wasnt and we got away with it. last winter we was catching all them fish oout there in front of the ramps in that 50 ft of water. the ramps seemed ok to me.. dint notice nothing unusual about em..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ramp too flat

The ramp is too flat, had to back halfway into the lake to get my boat off of the trailer. At the time I was using the Subimpoundment I had a 15' Monark Scotty boat on a trailer with 13" wheels. I had to back so far down the ramp all four wheels of my truck were in the water. To keep from getting my feet soaked I had either take my waders with me or to climb out of the cab, into the bed, then across the trailer tounge to push the boat into the lake. I had a 1x12 board running down the length of the trailer I used to walk on. The dual ramp over on the big lake is almost as bad, way too flat. And when they are pulling water your trailer drops off the end of the ramp. I've seen countless two wheel drive trucks just burnning off rubber trying to pull boats out when their axils get stuck on the end of the ramp. Both ramps need more slope. We got to using the single ramp on the right as you come in. We could launch the boat without getting out of the truck and drive on when returning. Now that one is nice, they should make the others the same.