HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New crappie boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default New crappie boat

I've been thinking about getting a new crappie boat, my current boat (2001) has served me well but I want a deep v boat with a full windshield. Looking online I really like the Lunds and Alumacrafts but can't seem to find a boat dealer within driving distance of Va/NC that has boats Instock that I can actually sit in. Any suggestions on boat dealers appreciated. Been looking at our local bass pro at their deep v models, nice boat but would like to see some other choices. Any input on boats or boat dealers appriciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really familiar with your area, but if you have a Cabelas or BPS within driving distance, check them out. Also contact local marinas. They'll steer you in the right direction. Nice crappie by the way!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Walleyecentral will set you free on the Vhulls and best dealers. Very biased to Lunds and Alumacrafts over there. Also check out Lowe and G3's lineup. Some impressive floor plans as well. I looked at all of them before settling on a glass bay boat. Only downside to the Tracker line is the undersized trolling motors and minimum electronics that you buy and have to sell/replace and marginal HP ratings compared to others.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a couple marinas and walked around looking at different boats. On Saturday morning most owners were around and I got to look at a couple I really liked. 3 guys even let me drive there boat to see if it was for me. Just a idea to see some other setups you might like.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Roy. I have a 16' Alumacraft, that I bought new in 94. I will swear by Alumacraft. It has taken some serious blows from concrete pilings and much heavier boats, going very fast. It still gets me to the stringer-filling station and back, nicely. I originally bought it because it was thicker than anything else that was available, when I was looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Roy: I have been buying Alumacraft boats since 1988, all have been good boats. Through my research Tracker boats have bad resale values due to a lot of problems in the past , don't know about newer boats. As huntinlabs said the Walleycentral website has a classifieds section and would be a good site to check out. I have bought and sold several boats on there , Do your homework and have fun. If you have any questions contact me . Good Luck . O - R

Post Thanks / Like

Roy, as a Geezer I've owned a bunch of boats, including bass boats during my earlier life. I currently have an almost 10 year old Lund Explorer SS Crappie edition (model is no longer made but similar to the current Impact.) I've also owned a Alumacraft Classic (many years ago) and a Crestliner Fish Hawk. I've seen some nice G-3s and owned a Tracker V model (for a very short while.) I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Lund, Crestliner, or Alumacraft. They are all great boats! I wouldn't even need to sit in them if I liked the layout. I don't like to bash products but the Tracker I had was not a good boat. If you would like a more detailed observation from me on all of them I would be happy to provide it via PM. One thing for certain - I would never go back to a high deck bass boat design.
    Floyd
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Lund or Alumacraft. I have owned both. Lund will have a little better resale value but higher upfront cost. Alumacraft has lower upfront cost. Alumacraft is also still a private owned company and the fit and finish is excellent. Lund is part of a conglomerate and although fit and finish is also excellent I lean toward the little guy. Alumacraft is not married to any one engine manufacturer. Lund is mercury. You can't go wrong with either. I am not a fan of the lund trailers and opt for another brand. You will enjoy the safety and stability of a deep v.
    Likes chaunc, wicklundrh LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want a good YANKEE boat, you'll definitely have to come north. I've had my Lund Mr Pike 16.6 since 2004 and love it. It's a multi purpose boat as I can fish any species of fish I want comfortably. Built for big waters with a draft that lets me fish as shallow as 1 ft. I've come thru three foot waves on KY lake and felt safe this spring. For a great new Lund, go to their dealer location page and see how close the nearest dealer is to you. You may have to travel five or six hours each way but you'll be glad you got the boat you really wanted. I'm glad I took the two hour drive to Andover, Ohio to get mine.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhitter View Post
    Lund or Alumacraft. I have owned both. Lund will have a little better resale value but higher upfront cost. Alumacraft has lower upfront cost. Alumacraft is also still a private owned company and the fit and finish is excellent. Lund is part of a conglomerate and although fit and finish is also excellent I lean toward the little guy. Alumacraft is not married to any one engine manufacturer. Lund is mercury. You can't go wrong with either. I am not a fan of the lund trailers and opt for another brand. You will enjoy the safety and stability of a deep v.
    I ordered mine with a Honda four stroke on it. Started with a fifty and upgraded a half dozen years later to a ninety Honda. I also have a twenty Honda kicker for our restricted horsepower lakes up in my area. You have options when you order.
    Likes IkenI LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast