Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New user that is not using!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New user that is not using!

There is a new member who so far has registerd and has been reading the posts and been telling me all about them, but yet has not made one. So come on every one give hime a little encuragement(SP) and me a spell check. Thank You.
    Last edited by Kokanee King; 01-21-2005 at 05:08 PM.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

All participation on this board is welcome. All people on this board are welcome. We all have something in common - fishing.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Come on new member talk to us

It can be very informative just to read the post and some posters are very knowledgeable on certain subjects, you can at least encourage them with at a boys. I also think it is helpful to complete the profile so anyone can see what part of the world you live in and what some of your interest are. Everyone has an opinon, you don't need to be controversial, but you can certainly feel free to express an opinon on any topic.

I second the motion for a spell check.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Whizkids has a point ....

and one that I've been bouncing around in my head, for some time. It would be nice if ALL members would fill out their profile ... at least to the extent of location and interests. But, there's always going to be some that just hang in the background and read, and seldom post - if at all. And that's fine ... they get free advice, tips, tactics, and such by doing so.
    Hey, I'm no expert or pro or guide, and I've been on this board for years - but, I don't answer "every" post ... just those that I think I can "add to" or "help make a point" in, and occasionally "correct" some misinformation (that myself or others have propagated).
    Spelling and punctuation have gone out the window, with the new "computerspeak" and "chatroom shorthand". Spellcheck would make some posts a little easier to comprehend ... but it might also distort the intention of the post, too. Local and regional "slang" might be taken out of the equation, automatically edited to the "correct English" or just "*****" (bleeped). There would have to be an "override". Plus, it may make it necessary for everyone to have to review and edit their posts - EVERYTIME they post. That may cause even more people to not present their ideas and opinions in a post, by making it so much more labor intensive.
    And though I agree that some posts are a bit tough to decipher, sometimes ... one can generally get the gist of the meaning or intention. If enough people petition Ed for "Spellcheck", he might consider it (if it's not too costly or it wouldn't slow the site down). I really don't know - that would be up to him. ......cp

Post Thanks / Like

as long as you guys can somewhat understand what i am trying to say, that is good enough for me.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D