HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !I like big bobbers,and I cannot lie!

Post Thanks / Like

Default !I like big bobbers,and I cannot lie!

Ok,not neccesarily big bobbers,but floats in general,I'm a little addicted to them,and how they perform.I recently picked up a few rocket bobbers for my collection,and performance test,my results are a bit mixed.
    Casting them for gills at the local lake was my testing ground.They are plenty visible on the water,cast like a cruise missle,and land like one also.I liked the slip or no slip option,with quick detachment .
    The rocket bobber is designed to function as a tip up / down bobber,and it worked very well,no slight nibble went undetected.The biggest drawback for me other than the heavy splash,is with a side laying bobber,you cannot tell if your bait is laying on bottom or is suspended.
    This is not a problem in known water depth,but if casting in shallow water,it's problematic.The remedy would be to use it as a non slip in shallow water and slip in deeper,but I find myself casting all over the place,thus rendering it troublesome.
    Overall,I like the rocket bobber enough to use it,but like any other product,they have their place.My quest for the perfect bobber must go on,hopefully I never find the perfect float that works in all situations,why you ask ? ..........Because I like big bobbers and I cannot lie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yaker View Post
    My quest for the perfect bobber must go on ...
    The rest of the world decided on the waggler a long time ago. It's only in America that they've not caught on.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaker View Post
    I never find the perfect float that works in all situations,why you ask ?
    Floats are like golf clubs. There is not one for all situations. For what you're doing, however, the waggler is the best.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody got a link to where one can buy wagglers cheap?

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
    Edgar Hood lll
    5651 Flower Lake Rd
    Dundee, MS 38626
    256-883-8615 [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebranger View Post
    Anybody got a link to where one can buy wagglers cheap?
    I have never used these and know nothing about them, but they are cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/Sonline-Cryst...=waggler+float

The Thill wagglers work well. They're more expensive, but they're readily available. Bass Pro, Cabela's, FishUSA, and Lindy all sell them.

Drennan wagglers are excellent but are more expensive. You can get them off ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been interested in trying waggler type floats. Looks like this is as good a time as any!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love wagglers,DIY,or or store bought.I also enjoy trying and collecting all types,but I won't collect and not try.

Post Thanks / Like

Gapen tackle has some good ones.
    https://www.gapen.com/category_s/53.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Wagglers, and still prefer good ol fashion balsam slip-bobbers.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Thanks SeaRay thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

like stated before there isn't one float made for all situations , I use a float to ketch crappie more than most for sure and there is a very fine line in many cases on what you need to really ketch them . and most of the time I go with the smallest that will get the presentation they way I think they want it , crappie are mighty touchy sometimes about resistance and a lil to much and they will spit the bait before you can detect a bite
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will be heading back to the lake Monday,I've swapped all my floats out,going small this time.Half my rods will have thill ice and fly specials,the other half will have something similar to thill mini shy bites that I found on e-bay.I spent some time getting them balanced to where the resistance level in pretty much nil.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast