Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Float tube

Post Thanks / Like

Default Float tube

I've been looking to buy a float tube. I've been looking at the Cumberland by classic accessories. I have no experience with float tubes and someone with more experience could give me some info. Any reviews on this tube or others you reccomend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with that model. You might compare it with Caddis and Outcast tubes. If you're fishing in a lake/pond, I would strongly suggest getting a U or V shaped tube as opposed to the round ones. They are much easier to get in and out of. I also think you can move faster in them.

Good luck. Tubing is fun!

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, if I were buying a new tube, I'd probably go with Caddis. I had an Outcast, but it was a little too heavy for my tastes.

Post Thanks / Like

I would mainly use it in creeks

Post Thanks / Like

In slower creeks, you should be OK. The stronger the current, the more you should consider a round tube.

Post Thanks / Like

I would only use on days with slow current. I usually wade the creek but I've got to a point where I'm leery of stepping in a hole or quicksand or getting to a point where I can't wade and get stuck.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be fine. Just make sure you wear a PFD.
    Likes dgood1158 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Go with V-tube, much easier to get in and out compared to the donut shaped tubes. Fishcat/Outcast are very durable, most of the others not so much. Compare the warranties and you will see. Important when slugging it around the creek bank. I love my Fishcat (previous version of the Fishcat 4). It has straps to carry it like a backpack. I use it on a small river for smallmouth, and prefer using a kayak paddle, as to kicking.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep looking for a deal.
    I'd also be interested if anybody had one they wanted to sell used.

Post Thanks / Like

I have that exact float tube, I love it. Can't think of a bad thing about it. I can set in it all day from sun up to sun down and I am comfortable all day, and I have back issues. It comes with the backpacking straps if you need to make a hike to your fishing spot, plenty of storage for all the tackle you will need at one time. It is very steady in the water, I usually use it in the smaller lakes around my area but have put it into a larger lake with bigger motor limits and didn't have any problems with feeling like I was gonna flip with boats going by. It is easy to get in and out of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast