Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trinity River Ketchn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trinity River Ketchn

Those that follow me for any length of time on the internet know one spot I hit by my work at lunch break can be really good at times . They depart for spots unknown to me in the winter down there , but around May they show back up and stay down there until late fall .
    I visited them Monday and Tuesday this week on my lunch breaks . Monday was so so with a big one in the bunch , Tuesday was flat out on FIRE with several larger fish and tons of so so fish . about 4 to 6 foot deep under a float was the drift and in waters from about 7 to 12 foot deep .
    man I love that spot for float watching ,it never ceases to amaze me the quality of the fish in downtown Ft. Worth in that old polluted river . Sad that you are not supposed to consume them from there because there are some dandy fish swimming around in there for sure .
    last photo is big fish from Monday .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Arn't those you give to those you are not really fond of?

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, some pretty fish, thanks!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    Arn't those you give to those you are not really fond of?
    the state warns folks not to consume the fish in certain stretches of the trinity ....this spot is one of them ....I NEVER keep or give them away with the exception of a homeless fella and a 3 lb bass he wanted real bad to cook under the bridge for dinner one time about 2 years ago ....asked me why I was throwing them back and I said because you are not supposed to be eating them ....his response was they eat the catfish they ketch at night from down there .....they are just fine .... ) =
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post