Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: WTB float tube

Post Thanks / Like

Default WTB float tube

I'm looking to buy a float tube for fishing local creeks with not much bank access that are too deep to wade. Figured I would check here to see if anyone had on they don't use anymore before buying a new one. Not looking for anything too fancy or expensive, but I'll consider anything you are willing to sell. Either reply or pm me with pics and price. Also, if anyone has any recommendations on brands or things to look for/ stay away from I'm all ears.

Thanks guys

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have considered float tube fishing for trout in trout waters. By that I mean colder waters (tail waters, rivers below dams) where I enjoy wade fishing, but I would think twice about it in warmer waters. Snakes, turtles, and alligators are enough to discourage me. If you still want to go that direction, I would suggest looking at some Youtube videos and look at Bass Pro, Cabelas and retailers like them. Look at weight capacity, size, ease to pump up, packing size... I know this wasn't specifically what you asked but I hope this might steer you in the right direction until others chime in who have them and use them.

"Snakes give me the willies!" --- quote from a wise old man

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps there are no cottonmouths in the Kentucky water you fish
    Retired golf addict

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there are... but I'd still be up for trying it anyway. I've waded sections of the creek before but where it has a sandy bottom I'm always very leery that I will step into a hole or get stuck in sinking sand. I think the float tube would be the best way to go since it has parts to shallow for a canoe or kayak but also parts that are too deep or sketchy to wade safely

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Gunnison by trout unlimited. I got it for my son to use in scouts and he used it 2 times now I have a Hobie pontoon.

I can send pics to cell if u want

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatoloco View Post
    I have a Gunnison by trout unlimited. I got it for my son to use in scouts and he used it 2 times now I have a Hobie pontoon.

I can send pics to cell if u want
    Pm sent