Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not fishing

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not fishing

What I'm up to today. Getting to old and fat for this. Name:  IMG_0175.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  42.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have a job ahead of you.
    I'm pulling transmission on this today. Looks like both of us would be better off fishing lol

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
    Likes skeetbum, MidMsAngler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My old dryer went out on me friday. I took it to the farm with my dad and I threw it down this deep hole we have dug to throw stuff like that in and then cover it with trackhoe. As it flew out of the back of my truck and rolled down the hill my dad asked "what was wrong with it anyways?" I told him it would run just the drum wouldnt spin. He said "It is probably just the belt!" I was like CRAP!!!!!! So down the hole I went and rolled it back out!!!! Hahahahaha Found a belt for it and she purrs like a kitten now! Last time she had any work to her was in 1982! I refused to loose this dryer from now on! She is almost 40 years old and still kicking! My parents gave me thier old stuff and bought new stuff. They have to replace theirs about every 4-5 years it seems like now hahahahaaha!
    Likes Cray, fishervet, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker81 View Post
    Looks like you have a job ahead of you.
    I'm pulling transmission on this today. Looks like both of us would be better off fishing lol

Hope I never have to do another one of those. Did my share. Was in the leasing business for 31 years. Hate a conventional. Liked old cab overs where you could stand up, pull tranny back change clutch and slide her back together. Back in my younger days I could clutch a 4070B international in 6 hr's. That thing right there is miserable if you got a L10 or M11 in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LowePro View Post
    My old dryer went out on me friday. I took it to the farm with my dad and I threw it down this deep hole we have dug to throw stuff like that in and then cover it with trackhoe. As it flew out of the back of my truck and rolled down the hill my dad asked "what was wrong with it anyways?" I told him it would run just the drum wouldnt spin. He said "It is probably just the belt!" I was like CRAP!!!!!! So down the hole I went and rolled it back out!!!! Hahahahaha Found a belt for it and she purrs like a kitten now! Last time she had any work to her was in 1982! I refused to loose this dryer from now on! She is almost 40 years old and still kicking! My parents gave me thier old stuff and bought new stuff. They have to replace theirs about every 4-5 years it seems like now hahahahaaha!
    I hear you. I'll at least try to fix it if I can. Got a shaft and bearing kit for 58.00 and 4 hr's labor. New washer 1200.00. No brainier to me. Just did a test run and like brand new. Trying to hold that stator, plastic guard, retainer plate and a bolt kicked my behind for a bit but I got her in there.
    2 things on dryers, belt and temp sensor. Usually got 2. If you hit the start button and she don't go usually temp sensor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Hope I never have to do another one of those. Did my share. Was in the leasing business for 31 years. Hate a conventional. Liked old cab overs where you could stand up, pull tranny back change clutch and slide her back together. Back in my younger days I could clutch a 4070B international in 6 hr's. That thing right there is miserable if you got a L10 or M11 in it.
    All of ours have the 855 n14 big cam on the older ones. All newer ones have isx Cummins in them. In the past couple months I've rebuilt 3 n14. I have rebuilt 3- 13 speeds 1- 18 and 1-9 speed. I'm the only mechanic on our big trucks and service trucks. We can Lil over 40,000 acers. Did you ever fool with any pt pumps. I've got a n14 in a crane that the pump is leaking on it and the id tag on the front cover is missing. It's pouring out we're the rpm cable screws in top of pt pump.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir Cray. That was my first time taking a dryer apart. I was very suprised at how simple made they are. There is seriously nothing to them!

Post Thanks / Like

Cray,, Hope you get those jobs handled so you can get on the water. Good luck
    Marky

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker81 View Post
    All of ours have the 855 n14 big cam on the older ones. All newer ones have isx Cummins in them. In the past couple months I've rebuilt 3 n14. I have rebuilt 3- 13 speeds 1- 18 and 1-9 speed. I'm the only mechanic on our big trucks and service trucks. We can Lil over 40,000 acers. Did you ever fool with any pt pumps. I've got a n14 in a crane that the pump is leaking on it and the id tag on the front cover is missing. It's pouring out we're the rpm cable screws in top of pt pump.

Internal seal is gone. Take vin# on engine and CPL number to dealer. They should be able to pull up pump diagram. Think that pump seal can be replaced from outside the pump. CPL# should be on drivers side of timing cover on metal tag along with vin number.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    Cray,, Hope you get those jobs handled so you can get on the water. Good luck
    Marky
    Thanks Marky, got her back together did spin test worked fine. Went to was blanket I used as a pad and wouldn't do anything, bout had a heart attack. My senile self had forgot to turn water on. Works like a champ and quieter than when brand new. I'll be out there tomorrow or Wednesday.

Likes Marky LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast