PDA

View Full Version : What Have You Bought In Crappie Lures This Month

CrappieKila
04-29-2017, 12:30 PM
For some reason I can't stop buying different crappie jigs or lures. I decided today would be a good day to see what everyone has done this week, this month or this year on spending or just lures. This should be better than what have you spent on ammo this year lol:biggrin

CrappieKila
04-29-2017, 12:34 PM
I spent around $6 less than a hour ago, at Wally World. Sad part they didn't have black and chartreuse curly tail jigs. Headed to Academy and then Gander Mountain lol.

hdhntr
04-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Dude first step is to recognize you have a problem! but then we ALL have the same problem, we know we have enough jigs and heads or whtever, then we come across more that are ON SALE and we dive right in picking out new stuff!

we need to start a 12 step program to stop this. On second thought , never mind, it's just what we do.

Redge
04-29-2017, 01:27 PM
There are a lot of worse things we could do as a hobby!! LOL

Gabepeeps
04-29-2017, 01:27 PM
I buy new lures all the time. I like to try and catch fish with things other people catch with. I have all kinds of jigs and plastics that are the same style but different makers. I have 4 stinger style baits that are made by different people. Some are softer than others. Great way to find that "secret" color that no one else is using on your lake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CrappieKila
04-29-2017, 01:31 PM
Dude first step is to recognize you have a problem! but then we ALL have the same problem, we know we have enough jigs and heads or whtever, then we come across more that are ON SALE and we dive right in picking out new stuff!

we need to start a 12 step program to stop this. On second thought , never mind, it's just what we do.

:fish very true but funny. Fish On Brother :highfive

CrappieKila
04-29-2017, 01:33 PM
There are a lot of worse things we could do as a hobby!! LOL

LOL, but you still can get fined :Rofl

FIN
04-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Sad part they didn't have black and chartreuse curly tail jigs.

Spike-it Garlic scent markers are the best cure for compulsive bait buying. They can be used for many things, threads, jig heads, feathers, plastics. They allow you to make custom colors you cant buy. You can recolor used or faded plastics and crank baits. Use your imagination. All you need it White jig heads, plastics and feathers. With the 4 pens you can make any color but white.
FIN
Spike-It Garlic Scent Markers 4-Pack | Academy (http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/spike-it-garlic-scent-markers-4-pack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2RN-bsRp_8

crappie wrangler
04-29-2017, 03:19 PM
I am still working on step 2 of the 12 steps. Step 2 is where you start making more than you are buying. Still spending money though. Parts and hooks cost too. :) I been stuck on step 2 for a long time now.

Grainraiser
04-29-2017, 10:51 PM
I went to Walmart a few days ago and cruised thru the sporting good section as I always due. To my joy I found a clearance wall with flourocarbon spools of line and Wally Marshall plastics for $1 apiece. $18 dollars later I have more line and baits one man can use in a lifetime.

Yaker
04-29-2017, 11:17 PM
Yesterday I bought 50 black curly tail grubs,and 10 new floats of different size and brands.Today I received a mail order from Bobs jigs,tomorrow it will start all over again.

Gabepeeps
04-30-2017, 12:42 AM
That happened at my Wal-Mart but I was to late. All was sold out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wannabe fisherman
04-30-2017, 05:35 AM
For some reason I can't stop buying different crappie jigs or lures. I decided today would be a good day to see what everyone has done this week, this month or this year on spending or just lures. This should be better than what have you spent on ammo this year lol:biggrin

BAIT MONKEY STRIKES AGAIN !! :Rofl

Ketchn
04-30-2017, 05:44 AM
I typically buy floats this time of year .....burn thru a dozen or so a week .....I did pick up some sea sumthin line in the clearance section I should have left right there as well ......:Rofl

skeetbum
04-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Face it. We all got it bad or you wouldn't even come to this thread. Already overloaded I spent $45 for some plastics that aren't available in the stores. And with all the hooks I already have I'm going to have to order some to make one that I use a lot here lately. Can't buy them in the store either. I have some that I've won in some of Slabs contests that I just don't have room for in the boat, and already gave some of those away. Bonafide Bonehead.

Yonder
04-30-2017, 06:50 AM
1 crank bait. 10 or 12 packs of plastics, a couple of packs of hooks. 10 packs of Texas hand ties.
I'm safe the rest of the day, headin to Church.

Spaceman
04-30-2017, 07:54 AM
None this week. And, the withdrawal is painful!

Drakeky
04-30-2017, 08:10 AM
I can't quit buying bandit crankbaits. Have a ton but I always think I need 4-5 of the same color when I catch a fish on one. 😂😂😂

ichabod
04-30-2017, 01:55 PM
i'm down to my last 2000 jigs but I still try to win some on slab's contests.have 4 gallon of floaters I have picked up in the lakes I fish and I rarely use one but I can't resist not picking them up when I see them hung up In the brush, even found a nice shimano rod and reel while getting a float out of a brush pile.must have caught on a limb and pulled It out of boat.

P-row
04-30-2017, 04:54 PM
I once heard that a new lure catches more fishermen than fish......seems to be true with me too! rotfl

Hanr3
04-30-2017, 09:38 PM
I too have spent some time "shopping". The way I see it, the wife gets fancy hair cuts, her finger nails and toe nails painted pretty, a new purse, new clothes, etc. The least I can do is get stuff that makes me happy, new fishing gear always works. I've been shopping for a new tackle box. Something to hold a ton of soft plastics I acquired last year. I want a box where I can swap out the trays so I can put in what I think I will use that day/trip. This is the one I'm considering buying.
Plano Molding | 136400 4-BY™ 3600 StowAway® Rack System - Plano Tackle Systems - Fishing (http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/plano-tackle-systems/4-by-3600-stowaway-rack-system)

chaunc
05-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Got some new baits from Greg Dudley, a Facebook friend, that owns Pourhouse custom baits. Did really good with them on my KY lake trip.

Jman5626
05-01-2017, 08:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170502/b538b22e8763e0c526e38ae3f32c51d4.jpg
I don't suffer from addiction... I enjoy every minute of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrappieKila
05-01-2017, 10:20 PM
I went to Walmart a few days ago and cruised thru the sporting good section as I always due. To my joy I found a clearance wall with flourocarbon spools of line and Wally Marshall plastics for $1 apiece. $18 dollars later I have more line and baits one man can use in a lifetime.
:Rofl:Rofl:HandsClapping:HandsClapping:notworthy

CrappieKila
05-01-2017, 10:21 PM
This needs to be made into a sticky tab for sure.

CrappieKila
05-01-2017, 10:23 PM
I too have spent some time "shopping". The way I see it, the wife gets fancy hair cuts, her finger nails and toe nails painted pretty, a new purse, new clothes, etc. The least I can do is get stuff that makes me happy, new fishing gear always works. I've been shopping for a new tackle box. Something to hold a ton of soft plastics I acquired last year. I want a box where I can swap out the trays so I can put in what I think I will use that day/trip. This is the one I'm considering buying.
Plano Molding | 136400 4-BY„ 3600 StowAway® Rack System - Plano Tackle Systems - Fishing (http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/plano-tackle-systems/4-by-3600-stowaway-rack-system)

Go for it. I like that idea or get a backpack and pack your trays in it for the day.

crappie wrangler
05-10-2017, 01:58 PM
I bought 1000 sickle hooks #2 that I have not poured the lead yet.

steve64116
05-10-2017, 06:39 PM
I spent 100.46 $ buying bobby garland jijs and a few jij heads and a reel which i need to add to the arsenal- but stuff i need right?:pray

Hanr3
05-11-2017, 10:16 PM
I ended up buying Plano Guide Series 4 by Rack System. I holds 4 Plano 3700 series utility boxes.
Plano Molding | 137401 Guide Series™ StowAway® Rack Tackle Box System - Guide Series Systems - Fishing (http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/guide-series-systems/guide-series-stowaway-rack-tackle-box-system)

Since I was ordering, I also bought a Shimano Sahara FE 1000 series reel. Hold 2lb, 4lb, and 6lb mono. I just need another St. Croix Premier series rod to attach it to.
Shimano Sahara FE Series Spinning Reel | Bass Pro Shops (http://www.basspro.com/Shimano-Sahara-FE-Series-Spinning-Reel/product/12052509153745/)

Well, while I was buying reels. I came across a deal too good to be true at my local sporting good store. Presley's Outdoors in Bartonville is selling Shimano IX200R reels. I picked up two of them for my spider rigging rods. At $10 each (regular price) I think I'll buy another 2 this weekend. I like the rear drag on spider rods.
IX (http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fish/en/home/products/fishing-reels/spinning/ix.html)