HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RECOVERY PROCESS

Post Thanks / Like

Default RECOVERY PROCESS

I had my trolling rods STOLEN off my boat Thursday night (posted on the KY board). I don't have "new" money to spend replacing the 12 combos that were taken. What I am looking for is 14' rods, at this point I won't be too picky. As far as reels I'd rather have mini reels or bait casters, but again I won't be too picky. I start my vacation from work next Friday and had planned to fish most of it. So if anyone has rods or reels or combos that you are willing to sale let me know what you have. I would like to get at least 8 combos for my spider rig setup. Hopefully some one has something they want to part with amd I can get back on the water ASAP. Post here or PM me what you have and price.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Likes Tsnell LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That sux, I can't stand a thief. I know you said mini reels or bait casters, but there is a steal on some spinning reels in the personal classifieds. May hold you over until you can find what your looking for and shouldn't have much trouble re selling these when you do.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/personal-classified-ads/353405-8-spinning-reels-90-total-shipped/

Oh yeah and may wanna pm MO' Money on the MS board he was offering some 14' Southern rods to another guy but that are not the 143T's just standards.
    Likes crumpdoc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Man I hate to hear that Im like snubbys I cant stand a thief, I wish I could help I got a bunch of 12'ers laying around but no 14'. But here is a cheap option. Monks crappie has 14' south bend pole cheap. I have a set of the 12' and they are nice poles I think they are alot like the bgjp mite be worth checking out anyways. Good luck on the recovery!
    South Bend 14ft Pole :: Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine sold pending payment, and grizzly is sold out of the HT panfish 14' rods that are 26.99 each before the multiple rod discount. Those or the pinnacles in the 12' would be a good price point rod to replace them with. Lots of folks on here use the pinnacles, and I have a couple 10' HT's that I have used for years with good results. The HT are fiberglass, not graphite, but a great rod for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Da'gum fishing thief. That's the main reason I switched to handline fishing only. 8 rods and reels mean 8 times as much stuff to replace if it gets stolen. I can turn a wooden handline reel quickly over the weekend and catch as many fish with one handline as a whole spread of rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone.... *Hint* needs to get this guy hooked up with a prostaff deal.

What better way for a company to get their name out on the market then to provide some rods and reels (either free or an extremely reduced cost) to someone in this situation.

Here is a guy at the face of adversity that, if given the opportunity from said named company, would, more than likely, until the day he dies, give praise about said named company to anyone he speaks with. He will provide more word of mouth advertising than money could ever buy!

As a tournament angler, I know all about marketing and advertising. A company willing to show a kind gesture would reap the benefits and rewards 10 fold.

So, next week, when I hear from "crumpdoc" saying that said named company provided him with some gear so that he could enjoy his vacation, I will more than likely cheackout and purchase their products simply because of there customer service, humanity, and willingness to help out! What a win for said named company.

Hope that helps you crumpdoc!!!!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes funbun, crumpdoc LIKED above post
    Thanks Jman5626 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Someone.... *Hint* needs to get this guy hooked up with a prostaff deal.

What better way for a company to get their name out on the market then to provide some rods and reels (either free or an extremely reduced cost) to someone in this situation.

Here is a guy at the face of adversity that, if given the opportunity from said named company, would, more than likely, until the day he dies, give praise about said named company to anyone he speaks with. He will provide more word of mouth advertising than money could ever buy!

As a tournament angler, I know all about marketing and advertising. A company willing to show a kind gesture would reap the benefits and rewards 10 fold.

So, next week, when I hear from "crumpdoc" saying that said named company provided him with some gear so that he could enjoy his vacation, I will more than likely cheackout and purchase their products simply because of there customer service, humanity, and willingness to help out! What a win for said named company.

Hope that helps you crumpdoc!!!!
    That's a genius idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely willing to contribute a dozen of my floats, but I'm not sure my flies and such would fit as I don't tie jigs, just flies. Crumpdoc, PM if interested, and we can go from there.

If you can't hammer a deal with another company. Go to Alibaba.com and find some rods and reels directly from the Chinese manufacturers producing these. If you're wanting to buy like a dozen rods and such, man, they'll be happy to sell to you at factory wholesale price.
    Last edited by funbun; 05-02-2017 at 09:39 AM. Reason: typos

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, you don't know how much I appreciate the advice and even offers that some of you made to help me out in my time off need. I'm definitely guilty of being a lot of things in life but being a thief was never on the list. I'm a blue collar union worker that works hard to provide for my family. So I never felt the need to take advantage of anyone else's hard work by taking things that don't belong to me.
    So here is the update: Tuesday I took Erin Brewer's advice. I bit the bullet and called Monks Crappie. I place an order for some South Bend rods and Shimano reels. My thoughts were that I couldn't wait any longer considering shipping time and Wanting to be back on the lake by the weekend. So they are on the way.
    I live in Paducah KY which is just across the river from Metropolis, IL (5 miles from where I grew up in Brookport IL). So I get a call Tuesday night from a friend of mine. He informs me that another mutual friend of ours (who lives in Metropolis) had just got a heck of a deal on some really nice crappie rods. 12 rod and reel combos for $100. Ding ding ding...... after a few questions I was 90% sure that I had just located my STOLEN rods. So I called the the mutual friend and he was more then willing to help me. He sent me pictures of the what he had bought. You guessed it! Now I'm 100% sure I just found my stuff!!
    The guy he bought them from said he had got them from an auction,,,,,hmmmmm??? The guy just happens to be my biddies next door neighbor. Also happens to be a known "meth head"!!! So, armed with this information I contacted the officer who did the original police report. Now as of last night I have my rods back in my possession AND new ones coming in the mail!!!! What to do.......
    All in all I would say I came out pretty good. The "me" of old wanted to rear his ugly head and make a trip across the river. Locate the meth head and put my hands on him just like he did my stuff. But I'm older and wiser now. I have left it up to law enforcement to proceed with the appropriate steps to see that he gets what he deserves. A happy ending, for me at least!
    Again, THANK YOU to everyone who cared enough to lend a hand!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting your rods back. Hopefully he gets a little jail time out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast