Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone can catch a minnow in a trap,but how many can catch a .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone can catch a minnow in a trap,but how many can catch a .....

Me and number one son got permission to set a minnow trap under a bridge this evening,We baited with dog food and bread.It was dark by the time we got back to check it,we could see the trap,but could tell something was amiss.
    As we started to pull it in,it was so heavy,we thought the string might break.We finally eased it to the surface,a huge snapping turtle was literally hugging the trap,and didn't want to release it.
    After a bit of tug of war,the monster snapper let go,there were absolutely no minnows inside the trap,I guess they were scared off.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same thing happen in a pond, he was lucky that I wasn't packing my pistol at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

If you would of had a hole big enough for him to get in it he probably would have. I use to commercial fish a little and would catch a lot of turtles in hoop nets which are more or less just a big minnow trap LOL. Especially softshells...sometimes have several softshells . Thats pretty funny though him clinging to the outside...real good.