Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mounting Drifmaster Tipsaver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting Drifmaster Tipsaver

Guys, I need heldp deciding on how to mount my tip saver on my gunnel. What Base is best fit for my boat? The v-round or the trio? With the v-round I will not be able to use boats for sure because of the way my gunnel is made. Thanks and GOd Bless.

Name:  holder.PNG
Views: 467
Size:  34.6 KBName:  trio.PNG
Views: 450
Size:  20.9 KBName:  v-round.PNG
Views: 449
Size:  12.8 KBName:  driftmaster1.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  94.4 KB.
    Don't catch them all!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I would do but may not be the best for you. I would want a set I could fasten to my deck so looks like to me just by your picture you would need off set tip savers so they would hang toward out side of boat then looks like you will need them taller than what you will find in the stores so in that case you call David at drift master and tell him exactly what you want and he will make it .
    Likes P-nut LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If this was my boat. I would mount a piece of round tube to the gunnel just below the top rail and mount the v-round to the round tube. I wouldn't mount anything to that top rail for several reasons. Mainly whatever you mount to it will always be in the way. In the way for a boat cover, in the way when you run your hand down the rail, in the way when you climb in and out of the boat. Etc.

Honestly, if this was my boat. I would take a piece of solid aluminum block about 1" thick x 2" wide x 6" long and cut it at the same angle as the gunnel. Then cut it into two 3" long pieces. Drill and tap two holes to mount it to the gunnel just below the top rail. Then drill and tap a hole to install that fancy rod holder. I would skip the whole v-round bracket completely. but that is me. I even have the aluminum in the garage.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes P-nut LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I wanted to do originally. The ones i ordered are 4" and are not hich enough.
    Don't catch them all!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by P-nut View Post
    Thats what I wanted to do originally. The ones i ordered are 4" and are not hich enough.
    Call him he will get you what you need.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is pics of how I mounted rod holders to my jon boat sides early last yr, and I used stainless steel screws with red lock tite to lock them into the aluminum top of the sides and a thick small piece of aluminum screwed into the mount as well as the top of the side. Never has come loose as I drive 7 miles down very bumpy gravel, then chip and sealed county roads before getting to a smooth highway. Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  29.5 KBName:  IMG_0459.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  54.5 KBName:  IMG_0461.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  23.6 KB

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes P-nut, ad1974 LIKED above post