Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BillBob Puts it on me!!!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BillBob Puts it on me!!!

I called BillBob and asked him if he wanted to fishing at his favorite lake in Indiana and he accepted so we agreed to me at Catarrac Lake in Western Central Indiana at 8 am but had a stipulation. We had to fish out of his boat of which I agreed as he hadn't gotten his boat out this year to run and check it out. Having

never seen his boat, I thought what the heck. It couldn't hurt. He had no
    Name:  IMG_0446.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  42.5 KBproblems getting in the boat, and so I launched him. After parking the car, and waiting on the dock for him to pick me up..I questioned why he was more interested in getting into his tackle so I waited and finally got in his boat. Something told me he was pretty excited in fishing, but I shrugged it off.

Temp on the lake water was 64.7 starting out. lake rising tenth of a foot per day, extreme high pressure system with blue bird sunny day 2 days after a severe cold front going thru, very stained water in middle lake area, Lake was down 4 ft from summer pool, but coming up about a Little breeze, and I told BillBob, we could fish any way he wanted to as I was more interested in getting him out for his first day of fishing in Indiana . Anyhow, after finally getting in his boat, off we go to his first spot, and he wanted to jig and "feel the thump" so he finds a old stump bed from long ago, and he puts the Ulterra trolling motor in the water and after making a few casts each, no fish, we move and begin to check out several spots with BillBob finally catching our first crappie. It was about a 9" so we released it and off we go to another spot. Fishing was slow, and in watching the few other boats fishing, we didn't see any other fishermen setting the world on fire, so we decided to try trolling cranks for a hour or so, ended up with only landing a small bass. We decided to go back to jigging/casting and over the years, Billbob has filled this lake with hundreds of christmas trees and stake beds, but over the years they have also vanished, however stumpbeds still exist, and laydowns are scattered and it was such a nice morning, we just hammered away with Billbob catching a crappie here and a crappie there. I have to say, his eye on the Lowrance HD 12" dept finder is keen as he was quick to pick out fish in cover for us to jig.
    Name:  IMG_0451.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  63.6 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0452.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	264884Name:  IMG_0453.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  84.9 KBName:  IMG_0457.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  73.6 KB

We fished a few more hours, and every time we stopped at some cover with fish on it, BillBob would lower the Ulterra Trolling motor after throwing a marker out over the spot to fish and I began to notice, with him running the Ulterra on spot lock, every time I cast towards our marker,,the front of the boat would move me and I would be off the mark by several feet with my cast, but his cast was always near perfect and he would catch 2 to 3 fish more than me. Now I have never fished out a boat with a spot lock trolling motor so I will have to investigate this more, as I am thinking to myself, if this is possible, I may have to get one of these trolling motors with spot lock, as we all love to catch fish. All in all though, it we called it a good day, only catching and releasing maybe 2 dozen crappies on this blue bird sunny spring day, and will come back another day and I will have to pay more attention to that trolling motor to see what he is doing when he has that control in his hands. Word to the wise tho, in our chatting,, over the next week or so, BillBob is heading out on a fishing expedition to visit some of you..I would hesitate to let him run your boat, especially if it has a spot lock type trolling motor on it. He is liable to put it on you like he just did me!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

DaveB40 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job!! Glad to see you back on the water!!
    Tight Lines - Dave
    "Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason" President Ronald Reagan

Proud Member of "TEAM GEEZER"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Billbob is a crappie fishing guru
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Redge, blueball LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

U gotta watch him. He gets me fish every time he sets up camp here.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes "G", Redge, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he was playing some defense

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you all out on the water!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Sounds like he was playing some defense

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    Defense!!! Heck, I call it offense as he was on a mission to find and attack the fishies!

authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I can see my grandfather doing something like this and chuckling the whole time! Nice work Ted!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ted. Ya fooled another one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast