Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Graphic Artists Out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Graphic Artists Out there?

Any of you use PhotoShop Software. I am trying to learn the limited version of PhotoShop by reading the manual and I am getting a big headace. Is photoshop suppose to be this hard. I can't get though one chapter of the manual without it refereing me to another chapter to learn something new. For example to learn to use the crop tool in chapter 7 it tells me to go to page 118 in another chapter to learn to use the selection tools. But in the Seletion tools chapter it talks about layers and I have not read about layers yet. Everything is interrelated and it's making this hard to learn.

Are there any good books out there that teach you how to do something useful in a Tutorial step by step fashion? Been at this for a week now an feel like I am not learning anything.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I found PhotoShop equally frustrating...thats why i choose Paint Shop Pro. It is alot more user friendly and i think just as nice results are accomplished.

They have free 'limited' use software available here...
    http://www.jasc.com/

Hope this helps somewhat
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it's not just me then. I have a copy of PSP 8 and just opted to get the newer version as they lowered my price to 45 bucks.

Have you ever used a Wacom Tablet to work in PSP?

BTW thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I found PhotoShop equally frustrating...thats why i choose Paint Shop Pro. It is alot more user friendly and i think just as nice results are accomplished.

They have free 'limited' use software available here...
    http://www.jasc.com/

Hope this helps somewhat
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Photoshop back since version 5.5 and I still don't have the complete hang of it.....it is definitely difficult software to learn, but once you do it is WELL worth it......I love it, but it is one of those things that kind of grows on you over time.

I don't know of a good tutorial other than spending many sleepless nights playing and experimenting....that is how I learned everything I know about Photoshop.....sorry.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I have NOT used a Wacom board, though i find it real interesting.

I'm just an amateur that 'plays' at graphics..though i do seem to spend alot of time doing it...but mainly simple stuff..like doctoring pics, making labels..etc.

I do like a good challenge now and then.
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Post Thanks / Like

This was actually made a few years ago one night when I was VERY bored, but done on PhotoShop....

They were all different pictures of flowers I made at one point or another....I know I have better ones, so i will try to find those.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a flyer I made using PhotoShop...and I have one more after this one.
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Last one...here is another flyer made in Photoshop.
    ><)))*>

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have Wacom board

6x9. I like it ok. But I wish It was bigger. Hard for me to judge sizes. It is pretty neat to use.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

GABoy......They both look professional. The footprints in the sand are a nice touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast