Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New arrival from Zigs Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default New arrival from Zigs Jigs

Here's the next level from the design room. The first pic (not quite 100% focused) is a close up of a 3/32 oz walleye head with a new paint mixture I "witched" up. It's completely reflective when viewed from certain angles, as seen by the reflection of the camera lens and my hands in the side of the head - you can almost reach into the head.

The same jig is in the lower right of this pic. I had to eliminate the flash so I could actually get a pic of the true colors of the jigs.
    Blue, orange, chartreuse, and yellow eyes on a black jig. Makes for a nice, sutle color splash on a solid color head.
    Interesting note: that blue is actually dark blue, but came out "glowing" on the pic.

And the same style head with more natural colors for eyes. White, red, and silver.

I'll add some frontal views and top views of the taper on this head later.

Post Thanks / Like

I am very impressed. Good work. May i ask, what kind of paint do you use? And how the heck did you make that first jig so shiny?!

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Redneck. The answer(s) to both of your questions are the same: it's my home brewed mix. I've been playing with a silicon based paint that I mixed up from base pigments. I got the idea from Sal Zaino. He makes a show car polish that I started using 3 years ago that is silicon based and absolutely awesome. I figured the same process could be done to make a highly reflective paint - it obviously worked. There's an added benefit I didn't bargain for with this, and it's the way the reflection only happens on certain vertical and horizontal planes.
    It turned out pretty neat - just one of those "ideas" that get stuck between the ears every now and again.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a few people ask about the taper of the walleye head. Here's some different angles that may answer some questions.(please excuse the wood boogies that are all over the head)
    Top view:

Frontal view: