HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need jighead I can toss rite into the trees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need jighead I can toss rite into the trees

And I don't mean the trees overhead lol.
    I tie allot of my own jigs and also use standard plastics. But what jighead is a good one I can cast right into fallen trees and pull crappie out without getting hung up?

Not shallow but deeper water like 10-15ft deep.

Post Thanks / Like

fle-fly and others have them but what I did was take a triangle file and made gruve from the eye hole twards the hook point doesent have to be deep or wide. I use a piece of wire leader about 1 inch long. put it in when closing the mold to pour. I think i used 10 pound leader. its pretty weedless. also BPS has wires which has a circle on one end place it on top of hook eye, cut to length ( very tip of hook point) only draw back is if not useing it weedless is you have to trim that piece off that fills the slot you made
    Thanks rebranger thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When casting jigs/plastics ... I always use weedless jigheads. I get mine custom made by one of the members here. I use 1/16oz ballhead with a #2 Aberdeen hook and either the traditional fiber "brush" style weedguard or (my favorite) the Y-guard style (a Y shaped plastic piece implanted into the lead head of the jig).

They look like this : (brush style is top center - Y guard is next to it on the right)

(pictured are variations made by that member - Grousefly)

Post Thanks / Like

There's several alternatives. Weedless jig heads where the weed-guard is built into the head of the jig; soft plastic weed guards slid over the hook; rigging your plastic jig for weedless fishing with no weed-guard. I typically use weedless jig heads without any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I did some reading.
    I think I may go with slider grubs with sliders heads rigged weedless.

I should be able toss these in there n haul em out.
    Likes Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys and thanks for the pics pappy. Appreciate it!

One main reason was not just to keep from loosing jigs. But last nite was on some trees. N was catching fish. Well I got caught twice right after another n I know I was moving them branches around down under there.
    The bite really slowed n they stopped after that. I think I spooked em.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice jigs CP. I don't use weedless. The way I see it is that in 10,000 years from now when aliens inhabit Earth, they will be exploring the Tn river and find my jigs and think them to be an extinct species and name them Cane Pole Magnificus. Sounds good.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Nice jigs CP. I don't use weedless. The way I see it is that in 10,000 years from now when aliens inhabit Earth, they will be exploring the Tn river and find my jigs and think them to be an extinct species and name them Cane Pole Magnificus. Sounds good.
    Too funny. Lmao...

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I been looking for some jigs that won't hang up for 50 yrs.[QUOTE=Smoltz;3413651]And I don't mean the trees overhead lol.
    I tie allot of my own jigs and also use standard plastics. But what jighead is a good one I can cast right into fallen trees and pull crappie out without getting hung up?

Not shallow but deeper water like 10
    Set da hook

Post Thanks / Like

I get mine from Wally world and do fine. I have used the slider grub and like them but the Arkie weedless jig heads does good for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast