Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roll Call

Are there Hoosiers or others THAT DON'T target Bass, Catfish, Pike, Musky, Walleye, or some of the other trash fish Carp, Gar, Buffalo, Sucker etc.?

In other words you might target ONLY: True Sunfish(Lepomis) Bluegill, Redear,Green sunfish etc.; warmouth, flier, True Bass (Morone) White Bass & Yellow Bass, and possibly bullheads (Not White, Flathead, Channel or Blue cats), and lastly Crappie.

I catch what's at the end of my line or I hook what I cook: Need not reply.

There's nothing wrong with the other fish, I like to catch (only) the small species, and wonderd if anyone in (or around) Indiana did the same.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-04-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Since this is a Crappie board, I assume most here are targeting Crappie.

I normally target Crappie, since my wife likes to fish for them, but will go after Largemouth when fishing with friends. My wife and I also take a trip to Canada annually where we target Walleye and Smallmouth.

What are you looking for here, if you don't mind my asking?
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff
    Since this is a Crappie board, I assume most here are targeting Crappie.

I normally target Crappie, since my wife likes to fish for them, but will go after Largemouth when fishing with friends. My wife and I also take a trip to Canada annually where we target Walleye and Smallmouth.

What are you looking for here, if you don't mind my asking?
    YES, your correct, I would assume most here are targeting crappie, as would I, that's a no-brainer right?

What I'm looking for is: what I said, like anglers, that fish ONLY for panfish, like the ones I mentioned above, that dont fish for the bigger fish.

Does that help make it any clearer. I don't think you fit that.... right?

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct, I don't fit that. Although when the sunfish are on their beds in late May/early June, it's a blast to put the Grandkids on top of them.

It sounds like the Panfish forum is a perfect fit for you!
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff
    You are correct, I don't fit that. Although when the sunfish are on their beds in late May/early June, it's a blast to put the Grandkids on top of them.

It sounds like the Panfish forum is a perfect fit for you!

This is a panfish forum, if not the best one on the net. With a bream section to boot. THIS SITE IS AWESOME.

I hope to fish with like minded anglers(who just target crappie and other panfish.

This site has some, I can feel it.

Post Thanks / Like

FOUND ONE:

minnowsoaker
    Minnow Join Date: Feb 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tankcreekpanfisher,

Bream fishin is just about all I do. Don't care much for bassin anymore. Crappie, shellcrakers and redbreast are what I chase.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope....I Target bass mainly.

Not to say i don't target other species because i do target crappie and panfish.Which makes great dinner...

P.S. not sure why you had to post this on every state threads either...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt s.
    Nope....I Target bass mainly.

Not to say i don't target other species because i do target crappie and panfish.Which makes great dinner...

P.S. not sure why you had to post this on every state threads either...
    Get your facts straight, it was posted only on the immediate states sourrounding Indiana, not all. Why are you starting trouble. The post is sincere. Your the third person who has gotten defensive and one who hasn't. Why are you so offended,?

I agree Bass are great for dinner, I prefer the ones I get the biggest fillets from, less small bones, ya know?
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-04-2007 at 09:30 AM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tank .....

I'm the "Mod" of this forum ... I'll decide whether or not people need to be edited, or are looking for/causing "trouble".

This is also an "open" forum ... where any member can express an opinion on the subject matter of a post (so long as they obey the site rules). You cannot dictate who does or does not make a remark/reply to your post. This is not an "exclusive", nor totally "inclusive" setup, for Crappie only anglers ... Crappie are the "main" interest, not the "only" interest, of most of our members.

Leave the "issue fixing" to the Moderators of the site. ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default No green carp (bass) for me!!

I used to bass fish all the time but now I stick with my panfishing. I make and tie my own jigs for crappie and bream and maybe use crickets now and then for bream but jigs only for crappie. I enjoy the more laid back attitude of most crappie fishermen.

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast