Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great day with fellow member

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great day with fellow member

It's not as often as I would like that I get to fish with members here. Roy49 (Steve) came down to learn to pull cranks with me last summer. We had a so-so day due to extreme weather. I guess he took back enough knowledge to be able to apply what I showed him to some of his local lakes with his wife. Yesterday he wanted me to show him how I longlined jigs and roadrunners and also how I pulled planer boards.

My wife and I got together with Steve the night before and enjoyed a good supper and he came by to visit my taxidermy studio. He and I had breakfast with another member here (Bald John) and some of my redneck buddies at JoJo's Cafe in Benton before we headed to the lake.

Once we got set up, it was pretty apparent the silver carp had the run of the shallow areas of the creek I chose to fish. We ended up with a nice black crappie male and this odd sort of creature. To say we both were excited would be an understatement. It hit a curly tail on a pony head jig behind a planer board. It fought like a monster and we had no idea what it was until I netted it. After congrats and some pictures, it was released to go back and spawn. It was over 12 inches long and looked like it was 3 inches thick. Even though I didn't weigh it, I've seen and caught enough to know this fish was 2 pounds or better.

After checking out a couple of other areas that didn't produce, I decided to hit a spot that has been hot for crappie on cranks and where we have boated 3 over 2 pound so far this spring. In the short time we had left, we managed to put some nice fish in the livewell.

Steve is a hoot to hang out with and a pleasure to fish with. Even though he started out as a client, I consider him another valued friend who I never would have had the pleasure to meet if not for Crappie.com.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You are way too kind Doug!
    The pleasure was all mine. Fishing was a bonus, hanging out with you and your friends as well as Miss Vicky, made it one of the best trips I've ever been on. As you say, it might have started out as a client, but I left with a great friend.

Anyone that knows him, knows Doug is one heck of an outstanding human being and pretty dang good at fishing too I'd recommend him to anyone! Even though we didn't load the boat, he made it a great day with great instruction and great conversation.
    I will be back!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post. Many of us here have found that it's about more than the fishing. Glad you both had fun and that is one STUD of a cracker. Good Job, both of you!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Roy49, 4lber LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Good post. Many of us here have found that it's about more than the fishing. Glad you both had fun and that is one STUD of a cracker. Good Job, both of you!!
    I completely agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Take me to your red ears ......nice post ...
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, I hope you will b teaching me a thing or two soon. I get my vacation time figured out I'll b in touch. Maybe I'll no by next weekend and will see u at Green river fling. Keep at it.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a pig shellcracker, I have to get back down there

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944