Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jug fishing for crappie!!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Jug fishing for crappie!!

Mad about it . Was going to post it here but it is on the Missouri Board go look and agree or disagree.
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jug Fishing For Crappie

I see nothing wrong with it, if it is wrong, then spiderrigging is wrong. I think
    like everything else in fishing it needs some limits on the jugs in use.
    They still have the same limit on the crappie as we do.
    I myself woundn't throw jugs around other's fishing nearby and let the jugs be
    in there way, and I don't want them doing me that either.

spider rig man

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I read the same article. I used to jug for flathead cats back in the '70s. I had a blast doing it. Caught some monsters. However, I would never personally use that technique for crappie. That being said, I do feel that Jim Duckworth is an extremely knowlegable guide and fisherman. I have e-mailed him on several occasions seeking advise on fishing techinques. He has always replied. He is very generous in sharing his knowlege and a down to earth good guy. IMHO. Speck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see anything wrong with it either.....Unless the "papermouth" of the crappie would get in the way and not hold em on the jug long enough for you to get to them....I think it's worth a shot....Let us know what the results are....DemoMan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bait Eating
    OK that makes me MAD. I've got my new CRAPPIE WORLD magazine today and I was reading about a guide jugging for crappie. In my book anyone that jugs for crappie is not a sportsman!! And the same for catfish with jugs or trot lines. I'm a hard core Bluecat an Crappie fisherman ROD AND REEL ONLY. The fish we have in our lakes and rivers are to enjoy, But not to harvest like the fish in your private pond. (OVER FISHING) Be a SPORTMAN and teach your kids the same. I'm MAD and can go on an on but I will not. I just wanted to blow off some steam. Now I need a DRINK.
    If someone participating in jugfishing makes you mad enough that you "need" a drink, then you've got bigger problems than they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Default jug fishing

I jug fish maybe 2 times a year for catfish. We catch just enough for a family fish fry. We let the kids try to land the big cats,they just love seeing those jugs running ,then disappear under water.
    The fish were bitting yesterday, The fish will bite tomorrow,,, today I must buy my fish

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how "jug fishin" has anything to do with "sportsmanship"....Sportsmanship is an individual thing....As long as there's no laws broken or manipulated, jugfishin has as much "sportsmanship" to it as fishing rods....If you want "true" sportsmanship in fishing, get a snorkel and a mask and go down and catchem by hand....lol...DemoMan

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know what jug fishing was...i actually had to look it up...Honestly i don't care for people "hogging" an entire fishing area...so yeah spiderrigging as well i don't care for either.It might be legal,but hogging an entire fishing area just seems greedy to me...

Post Thanks / Like

Every one has their own way of fishing. No one way is right or wrong. So long as the limit laws are kepted. Don't matter if you use just one pole or many poles. Or one jug or several jugs. When you get your limit of legal fish, it's time to quit. As far as hogging a hole, it all depends on how you look at it. You can hog a hole by holding over it and not letting any one near it by using just one pole. There is plenty of room for any one that wants to put a boat in the lake and fish.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

if the state says it's legal then it's fine by me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast