HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandits and Arkie Crankbaits Rock Em Today.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bandits and Arkie Crankbaits Rock Em Today.

Got on the lake at 9am and would you believe the wind cranked up and was back into 1 to 3' whitecaps again by 10ish and the wind blew contstantly until it started letting up about 2pm. I was back to fishing windy banks and the edges of the creek channel in the middle of the lake in 10-12 ft. of water catching about 50 crappie on 300 Bandits and Arkies. Best colors was purple/black, chartruese with green back, Yellow Craw, and Mistake was another hottie. Kept a limit of 10 to 13" crappies this time and had to keep 2-9.5" ones as the were gilled by trying to get the trebble hooks out of them. Lake temp was 65 degrees, speed was between 1.4 to 1.8 mph going with the wind. Depth of the crankbaits were running at 8' deep. Side Imaging/HD Down Scan paid off again today. I would run 3-4 miles then turn around and go with the blowing wind and waves. They weren't against the banks or in the shallow water as they had moved to the shelves off the points next to creek channel and then out in the lake in the middle,,followed the creek channel hitting them scattered for 6 hrs as it was spotty at best. Out of the 25,,,half dozen smallest were all males, the rest were females and loaded with eggs that are no where near ready to spawn. So hammer time is NOW! If you can take a beating in the wind. Its 7pm now and I am still moving with motion after cleaning the fish and getting the batteries plugged in and mess cleaned up. Enjoy the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, a lot of people wont leave the shallow water when the temps warm up. But this time of year limits can come easy pulling cranks or long lining a tad deeper water. Im chomping at the bit to get out.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I have pulled cranks last yr. in as shallow 2' deep against the bank to as deep as the fish will go. Pushed them last yr from the front of the boat using 3 oz trolling lead weights. Love fishing using the 300 series arkies and bandits in 200 and 300 series. Didn't want a lot of line out fighting the whitecaps so today was nothing but the 300 series used and better line control with way less line out while rocking and rolling. I lost a couple of real nice 12-13" fish at the boat cause I couldn't handle a net at all today being by myself. Some of the fish today were barely hooked using a crankbait as they someimes are still not really slamming the baits yet. Most of the fish coming out of 8-10' deep water are still all white with little color as the water that deep is still very cold also.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Your giving me crankbait fever Chuck
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Your giving me crankbait fever Chuck
    I got it bad now and can't fish next 2 days, and a friggin severe cold front moving in fri. with rain and colder even Sat. Ouch!

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to go yesterday but lucky that nephew called and said he had Wednesday afternoon off. I decided to look for mushrooms yesterday and fish today. Good choice, the wind got ugly too quick and I found some morels. Hope to find the fish today. Caught 20 Friday and kept only 10. Swimming jigs in 8 to 10 fow near weeds/brush in front of coves. Thy were not aggressive and had a lot of short hits.Ones I cleaned were mostly females with bloody veins in eggs .
    Likes cevans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dang wind is picking up this morning again. Glad you found some morels. Yep, had decision to either mushroom hunt or fish. Love springtime.

Post Thanks / Like

It's only nice when I work

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

great fish

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Chuck thanks for the pic. Great looking fish. I plan to take off work Tuesday morning and head out fishing. Morel hunting this afternoon. It has been a great year morel hunting. I never thought I would sell a morel we like them so well, but we have found a ton. Wife is drying them, sold a pound, and so tasty with fresh crappie, asparagus, and rhubarb pie all my spring favorites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast