Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are they on the banks yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are they on the banks yet?

I have a couple days to get out this week and was wondering if they are on the banks yet at Truman? I know in Kansas they've been catching them on the banks this past weekend and so I was wondering if Truman is getting close. I haven't seen a pic of a dark male yet so maybe we're still a week or so away. Can anyone confirm?

Post Thanks / Like

Caught them off the bank last Wednesday but went out today and it was pretty slow, the lake is dropping and has them screwed up. There are males on the back in spots but most of them I caught today were short. vertical jigging and spider rigging is working great off the spawning banks. Blk/Cart. and anything with white jigs are working best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Windsor crossing today and didn't catch anything tried banks ,coves everything caught one short one

Post Thanks / Like

It's close. Caught them on the banks Friday but it was hit and miss. 3 or 4 big dark males alond with some fat females!!

Post Thanks / Like

Went today at Bucksaw. Started below the cut with about 6-7 small males then 200 yards down the bank before the next fish. Then nothing for an hour. Finally caught a few nice fish off the bank in about 8-10 fow. Went up from Bucksaw and found some nice fish on a bobber but never could figure anything that we could repeat. Found water as warm as 69 so it can't be long. Will try again Tuesday.
    Lots of perch and small bass on the banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I'm never sure if it's the water temp or the length of daylight that triggers the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent yesterday morning on the lake mm 24-27 on Grand. Caught 13 keepers. Caught some on a bobber with a minnow. Some throwing a green spinner. Some in 12 FOW 8 foot down. I caught 3 long poling the bank in a foot of water. They were few and far between but persistence was the key!
    Likes lip_ripper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried Smithville on Sunday. Caught drum, small bass, green sunfish (what some folks mistakenly call perch) and a nice 3.5 pound channel cat (eater). I didn't bring my spider rig stuff, but tried deep vertical jigging over brush with no takers and jigging bridge pillars. I saw hooks in the open water that were likely crappie, but no dice. Water got up to 65 degrees, but it was overcast most of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Went today up from Bucksaw. Caught a few decent fish on BG strollers but with all the boats on the bank we lost that bite. Got the rigging stuff out and had some really nice fish in 15 to 20 feet most down about 12 to 15 feet. I use a jig head for a bottom hook and it seemed the better fish were on the jig with a minnow.
    I would think they will be on the banks hard any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Columbia MO and haven't hit Twain or LOZ yet but have been fishing locally in Columbia for the past week and have been hammering males bank fishing. I've been 4 times averaging about 12 a trip. Caught these on 04-15-17. Went out last night but it was a little slow. Should be picking up soon.

Name:  20170415_085504.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  33.7 KB
    Name:  20170414_205206.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  32.3 KB
    Name:  20170414_205359.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  30.5 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast