Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Black vs. White Crappie & Crankbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Black vs. White Crappie & Crankbaits

I just watched another crankbait trolling show on Midwest Crappie today. Russ Bailey was fishing Sardis in Mississippi (outstanding show as usual). Again, all of the crappie were whites (assuming most prevalent on Sardis). He also did another crankbait show on Kentucky Lake last summer, yep, white crappies. Do any of you guys ever troll on lakes with a predominent and\or all population of black crappie, and if so, do you do as well as with the white crappie? I'd like some feedback on your experiences with black crappie and trolling, and if there is any color or other differences in their flavor of crankbaits.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    Wilmington, North Carolina

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the MS board and read about my latest crankbait trip. I believe I caught about 30 that morning and as best I can remember only had 4 blacks. Now my main lake has more whites than blacks but the blacks are catching up I think. Jeff may be better able to answer your question than I as he has been CB trolling a lot longer than I. But so far I have caught more whites by far CB trolling than blacks and when jig fishing it is a lot closer to even but still more whites.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff