Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shad school clockwise around lights on the way to a full moon but counter CW after.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shad school clockwise around lights on the way to a full moon but counter CW after.

I have observed this to be true over ond over again. Has anyone else noticed a similar pattern? Anyone know why they choose to swim different directions? Is it like a skating rink? lol

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

that is strange. if some one can answer that, they are a fish god and i want to be friendes with them.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Well the Skating Rink thing has always interested me. Anyone in here from South of the Equator? Maybe they skate clockwise down south of the Equator?

I hear that the water going down a drain goes one way in the Northern Hemisphere and the opposite way in the Southern Hemisphere.

I know it's related to the direction that the earth spins or at least that is what I think. Don't really understand what is going on as Gravity should pull us towards the center of the eath no matter where we stand on the earth.

Never really thought about how this would effect the fish's swimming but it makes sense somehow.

It's hard to think that we are standing on the surface of a big globe that is hurtleing though space and spinning around it's axis as well. It's a wonder we don't fall off this spaceship...

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    I have observed this to be true over ond over again. Has anyone else noticed a similar pattern? Anyone know why they choose to swim different directions? Is it like a skating rink? lol
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default very interesting....

I've heard the same thing about water in a drain and also that toilets flush in the opposite direction south of the equator.I night fish almost exclusively , so I'll keep an eye out for this phenomenon.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

YIKES, y'all are starting to scare me with the analytics....but, I love it anyhow!!!! Of course, now you will have me watching too.....NICE WORK!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I here ye!!

I have only noticed them going clockwise. Nother strange thing is that when u turn the floater off, they (baitfish) jump out of the water and scatter. WONDER WHY? I like to move the floater around and watch the baitfish follow the lite. Sometimes I just troll around just to watch them follow. It is amazing (and I guess I am just amusing myself)...or maybe I am just cruel....haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very interesting....

I've got a guy I'll ask tomorrow. He's a whiz when it comes to stuff like this. He studied fish while attending the University of Memphis. I'll let ya'll know what he says tomorrow. Never heard of the "toilet" phenomanon......and I sell the dang things.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but wondering if all this is happening after the first or second 6 pack? LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I have only noticed them going clockwise. Nother strange thing is that when u turn the floater off, they (baitfish) jump out of the water and scatter. WONDER WHY? I like to move the floater around and watch the baitfish follow the lite. Sometimes I just troll around just to watch them follow. It is amazing (and I guess I am just amusing myself)...or maybe I am just cruel....haha
    Cane pole
    we found this out by mistake. Now it is a sure fire way to dip up a bucket of fresh shad. they just go beserk right into the same net you can't get near them otherwise. works every time just get the net ready before the light goes out and you've got bait.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I can't help but wondering if all this is happening after the first or second 6 pack? LOL
    I haven't drank in years but it could be some mind altering substance that was slipped to me in my youth. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast