HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm having trouble with a new xi5 motor guide foot pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm having trouble with a new xi5 motor guide foot pedal.

I just installed a new XI5 36 V trolling motor on my boat today, took it out for the first time the foot pedal is really random sometimes it will work as it supposed to other times it won't work at all other times it won't engage the motor but will steer. The remote works just fine. Has anyone experienced this with their xi5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not with MG, but when I got my Terrova I had to open up the foot pedal because it had issue with steering. Not sure if they use similar technology but I had one of the small magnets used in the control of Hall Affect switches come loose. It could just be a case of bad connector if you can open it up and snoop a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.
    Likes mgrimm LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have done a little more troubleshooting on it, I put some new batteries in it and played with it some more. It works fine up thu the point when I turn the spot lock off, then it turn the Mtr on constant mode, I can click the button to turn constant off and it seems to work fine again till I use the spot lock and turn it off again.

Thanks try'n hard thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Delete foot pedal and press any key to continue.

Seriously, most of them now days are putting very little effort in foot pedals simply because most owners purchase them for their remote features.
    Likes Redge, Hat55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Delete foot pedal and press any key to continue.

Seriously, most of them now days are putting very little effort in foot pedals simply because most owners purchase them for their remote features.
    I fish with a jig pole in each hand, that makes it very difficult to operate a remote, if the foot pedal doesn't then the trolling Mtr not much good to me

Post Thanks / Like

If you are having trouble win you disengage the spot lock. tap the spot lock twice to disengage and it should go right into the regular mode.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it might not be "mated" properly. Go back thru the pairing procedure. I couldn't hear the beeps non mine, LOL!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
    Edgar Hood lll
    5651 Flower Lake Rd
    Dundee, MS 38626
    256-883-8615 [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgrimm View Post
    I fish with a jig pole in each hand, that makes it very difficult to operate a remote, if the foot pedal doesn't then the trolling Mtr not much good to me

Completely understand. This is why most guys that fish as you are intending to do quickly realize that a cable driven system is much better for their intended purpose.

I know many guys on the walleye tour that change their trolling motor out from jigging to trolling simply because the wireless trolling motors do not offer a quick enough response time and movements when utilizing the foot pedal. This is partly the reason why MinnKota came out with their new trolling motor that features cable driven steering with I-Pilot features.

I know quite a few guys with the XI5 but not one of them utilize the foot pedal so I cannot tell you if what you are experiencing is normal or a glitch that can be worked out.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=wicklundrh;3410942]Completely understand. This is why most guys that fish as you are intending to do quickly realize that a cable driven system is much better for their intended purpose.

I know many guys on the walleye tour that change their trolling motor out from jigging to trolling simply because the wireless trolling motors do not offer a quick enough response time and movements when utilizing the foot pedal. This is partly the reason why MinnKota came out with their new trolling motor that features cable driven steering with I-Pilot features.

I know quite a few guys with the XI5 but not one of them utilize the foot pedal so I cannot tell you if what you are experiencing is normal or a glitch

I called MG and they directed me to my local repair dept... I will take it this afternoon, hopefully they can get it going quickly.....

Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Local repair shop said there was a glitch in the footpedal they are ordering me a new one should be here in about a week. Hopefully that will take care of my problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast