Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby oil / jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby oil / jigs.

Anybody ever hear of putting baby oil in your jig bags to keep the jigs from sticking together as bad? Wander if the scent of baby powder in the oil will spook fish. Are their any other methods to use to keep jigs from sticking to each other in the bags??

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

your crappie attracting spray......

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Wd40 its an oil that most preditor fish like. I have used it on hard and sofet baits as well a on dead baits for, Halibut, trout, kokanee and it works real well on bass.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Get some of those Plano plastic boxes that have dividers....and keep the colors separated, otherwise they will all bleed into each other and you will have a big mess!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby Oil on Jigs

Quote Originally Posted by Lum
    Anybody ever hear of putting baby oil in your jig bags to keep the jigs from sticking together as bad? Wander if the scent of baby powder in the oil will spook fish. Are their any other methods to use to keep jigs from sticking to each other in the bags??
    Believe it or not, I've had success using WD-40 oil on my jigs. I never thought it would work. - Flyrod Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Oil

I use a small amount of Berkley Strike in the gag or in each comparment of a box.

Hope you like that smell.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hi LUM

Got ur jigs. Just waiting to try them out. I use baby oil. I use very little when applying to plastics in tackle box. Keeps stuff from sticking and smells good. I have posted this before. Use and still use WD40 for the same purpose ( mainly to keep stuff from sticking vs using as a fish attractant). I personally dont give a damn about fish smellies. Nother gimmic as far as I am concerned. Others swear by them. My cooler gets filled without any special smellies.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lum,
    A co-worker of mine uses non-stick cooking spray that has a garlic flavor to it. He buys his at Kroger and each color/type of bait is placed in a ziploc bag while it's being stored. Then, when he needs them, he just dumps the bag into the appropriate compartment in his tackle box. He said it keeps the baits from sticking and gives them a good dose of garlic scent. I haven't tried it yet, but I've been thinking about it.
    Defensor Fortis

Post Thanks / Like

My father can't handle live or artifical bait if he wants to catch fish. There's just something about him that really shuts the fish down. I have fished with him and caught ample numbers when he's not getting a bite. Hand him my rod and he catches and now I'm not until I change baits. Anyway, we fixed this by him spraying his hands with WD40. Another trick we found that works is rubbing his hands over a bar of Ivory soap before touching each bait. We've even caught catfish on a trotline using Ivory soap as a bait.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

people around here have used soap for catfish bait for over 50 years . old crank telephones to.:D
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast