Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie report, Borah lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie report, Borah lake.

If you're in the area this is a great lake for crappie. It's small, about 130 acres or so but had a fair amount of slabs. The way I understand it wasn't originally supposed to have crappie but they wound up there anyway. Now it's the place to go. Fishing conditions today were hazy but warm at 60 degrees by noon. Water was around 65 and greenish clear. We just had a front go through so I didn't figure I would get a bite but was I surprised. I skipped the long paddle to my favorite brush piles and hit the docks instead. I was cast and retrieving one of those little minnow looking jigs with the thin tail on the lightest jig head I had. I was catching fish on every cast for a while. I did the best at the end of docks that were in 10+ feet of water. After I put a few in the cooler I practiced my dock shooting. That's a challenge from a kayak. Funny of the day was 3 older gents came by in their ranger bass boat. They were what could only be described as power fishing, 90 mph and reeling as fast as they could. I bet they covered the whole lake in about 30 minutes. If you're close, give this lake a try. East Fork is just a couple miles down the road if you prefer bigger water but this little lake makes for some fun times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a really fine day to be out on the water.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."