Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Gives You "Con·fi·dence" to Catch Fish???

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Gives You "Con·fi·dence" to Catch Fish???

Con·fi·dence: "the feeling or belief that one can rely on something".

So if you narrow it all down what would be your one and only single most vital can't fish without it CONFIDENCE thing?

I have always had certain lures in certain colors that I use more than 95% of everything else in my tackle box. In fact I could probably get read of 80% of my tackle and the only noticeable difference for me would be that my tackle box is much lighter in weight than before. I have always heard and known about the "Confidence" factor that do to confidence in a certain bait or color you will catch more fish mainly because you tend to use it more. Well I have several things that I'm confident in when it comes to fishing and would hate to be without any of them but the other day I realized that I was about to run out of my favorite color of crappie nibblers. That's when I realized I was addicted to nibblers, yep... it seemed that there was no need in fishing anymore if I didn't have a nibbler to put on that hook. I did try to continue on fishing "nibbler less" but that's when I realized you could take all of my other baits and just leave me a hook and some nibblers and I would be happy!
    Likes Nutbush LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's my humminbird electronics with lakemaster mapping.
    Likes blueball, kel, slackline LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing that gives me confidence that I will catch fish ... is experience. That doesn't always pan out, especially on new waters, but I still have the confidence that my experiences on other waters (where similar situations/conditions exist on the new waters) will help me find & catch fish.

I don't believe in a "magic bullet", as far as anything in the equipment/tools we use to go fishing with ... there really isn't a "best of" anything that will make you a better angler. IMHO .... If there were, we'd have no need of guides, or even sites like this one. I mean, you take a stone cold newbie and give him the (supposed) best equipment and put him against a very experienced angler with Dollar Store/Wal-Mart specials .... then see who catches fish.

Post Thanks / Like

What pappy said.....

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Dynamite: Gives me the confidence to know, that when all else fails, I'm still going home with fish!!! Just gotta find the lighter

Funny thing about confidence, one guy can catch a fish on something (like crappie nibbles), and use them all the time (and do well). He has "confidence" in them. Another guy (myself fits in to this) uses them once, never catches a fish with them, and thinks they are the worst thing in the world! With that, it appears as though every bait works well for that "right" person!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes mccowan, Redge, Cubeice LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

what Pappy said but my "EXPERIENCE" is I don't catch many if any at all
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest things that has helped me best is spending more time out on the lake fishing and the side imaging sonar has also helped me a lots. Seeing fish on my sonar helps give me the confidence that they are there whether they bite or not.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Confidence- the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
    Haha
    My confidence bait is anything with a spinner on it. I love fishing spinners. Bucktails are my favorite. It's very rare that I go to a creek or fish a bank with a spinner and don't catch something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple: Fishing. Time fishing gives you experience.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast