Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ethanol free gas locator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ethanol free gas locator

Thanks Tom 513 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS!!!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

They also have an app for smart phones. Makes it easier when you are on the road.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Go download the app, PURE GAS, and I use it when traveling and has maps of where unleaded gas stations are located. Free. Dummy me,,I just clicked on your above link..doh!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Not to derail a great thread, but here's a question for you. I've always used high test gas in all my small engines. This includes lawnmowers, outboards and snowblowers. I also add a stabilizer each time as well. Been doing this for a lot of years/decades, with the assumption that the higher the octane, the less Ethanol it contains. I wonder if that is correct? How many here use high test in their outboards? How many add a stabilizer?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If everybody started running non-ethanol fuel, a certain crappie tournament organization would have no sponsors or commercials on their TV show.

My 2016 140HP Suzuki 4 stroke outboard owners manual says it is fine to run up to 10% ethanol fuel in it. I do use Stabil ethanol treatment any time I put 10% ethanol fuel in my Excel.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Not to derail a great thread, but here's a question for you. I've always used high test gas in all my small engines. This includes lawnmowers, outboards and snowblowers. I also add a stabilizer each time as well. Been doing this for a lot of years/decades, with the assumption that the higher the octane, the less Ethanol it contains. I wonder if that is correct? How many here use high test in their outboards? How many add a stabilizer?
    unless Its pure unleaded, high test has the same added ethenal as 87. All of my small engine manuals recommend running on 87 in them including my generator and boat motor too. However, cause I have 2 Stations within 15 miles of me, I run pure unleaded in all my small motors including new 25 hp Yamaha and it's all 91 octaine. I also add Star Tron gas additive as well as Stabile to all small motor pure unleaded for the heck of it. Easy starting on,the chain saws, weed weaters lawn mowers, boat motors, and generator when I loose power. Never have a problem starting no matter how long stuff sets. Works for me.
    Most all new engines today, can run E 10 but not E 15. I just like being able to go back to pure unleaded even tho, it's 60-75 cents more per gal.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pretty good read to help understand the effects of ethanol in fuel.

What is the Best Ethanol Fuel Treatment?
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

I misquoted above posting. I don't add staybile, meant to say seafoam as I add it to all my small engine gas,besides star tron. Nice read also above.