HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love is in the air!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love is in the air!

My wife woke me this morning with those words that every man wants to hear! "Do you want to go fishing?" Absolutely! So double timed the boat hook up, walked the dog, and away we go. The moon is full, or almost, and the dogwoods are a bloomin'! Dogwood winter ended this weekend, so where will they be! The parking lot wasn't packed, but we weren't the first ones to arrive. We didn't launch until about 8:00, and the water temp reading was about 62. Several were pounding the shallow banks near the launch, but I decided to try and leave the beaten path. Fished brush and docks out of the crowd and started picking up a few. The old boys have definitely put on their fancy tuxes, and are preparing to party! I never get tired of seeing them all dressed up! We kept 8 for table fare including a couple of females for R & D. The eggs are full with the veins a poppin'!
    We had a mix of blacks and whites, and I have always heard that the blacks spawn first? Anyway, it's about to get real! Buckle your seat belts and hang on!
    Now for a public service announcement. What I didn't mention is that the wind was whipping as the morning wore on. I found an area that wasn't too bad, somewhat sheltered, and had the best luck there on Bluegrass Panfish Assains. Anyway, the dock was not sheltered as we got back in to load up. Don't ask how I know this, but the Onyx auto/manual inflate life vests work very well! They could save your life, so remember to wear your PFD! Also, always treat people with respect and kindness, because someday you may need someone who has just loaded their boat on the trailer to put it back in the water to retrieve your wind blown craft! And in the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I've got to say about that."Name:  IMG_0561.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  90.2 KBName:  IMG_0562.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  77.4 KBName:  IMG_0560.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  76.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

You paint a vivid picture. Glad it all worked out.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Thanks ET Fish thanked you for this post

Slabprowler is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad all ended well could of been a lot worse ! Congrats on dinner!

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking fish right there

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post. had to swim after mine once. Blew away after not tying the lead rope down during launch. We all do things to laugh at sometime or another.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes shipahoy41, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a couple close calls at the dock as well,nice catch.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Good post. had to swim after mine once. Blew away after not tying the lead rope down during launch. We all do things to laugh at sometime or another.
    I have had to do that a few times also in my younger years my friend.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good report and some dandy crappie there.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Bin there, done that. I was by myself stepping out of my triton 170 mag2 on to the dock and my boat shot out from under me. I went straight down. You know it's a lot deeper at that dock than I thought. Then I realized I still had the rope in my hand. I gave it a jerk and up I came. A man in a kayak pushed my boat back to shore.
    My glasses are at the bottom of that dock somewhere. That was in November and it was a cold ride to the house. Now I tie the boat before I step out. Lesson learned!
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

good post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast