Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not fishing, but a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not fishing, but a lot of fun!

When my buddy came over from Texas, Friday evening, in spite of my advice that I had everything we would need to get after em, he showed up with a whole bunch of different jigs than I had. As I admired them, he said, "Here take some!" I grabbed my box and said, "Have some of mine too... Then, we will both have a bigger selection!"
    We spent the next few minutes swapping gear, and relating stories of times when each one had been just the ticket!
    Now, I have a lot of new lures to try, and may even need another box... Fun way to get the weekend started, for sure!

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait til you start tying your own, and there isn't a box big enough. It's fun to swap and give stuff cuz you know in your heart that you just upped their chances. I have given away countless jigs at boat ramps and other places we gather. Made some new friends along the way too. Kinda like currency to us folks.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

What a grand idea! Thanks.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Was fishing the edge of a pier as the owner was fishing the inside slats with all the good structure under them. I caught 8 crappie as we sat there and talked to his 0. He asked me what I was using, so I gave him two hand ties a member had done for me... he tied one on and caught two fish. Earned me permission to fish his dock and a few invites to his fish frys. I'll always offer one up, unless it's my last one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes "D" LIKED above post