HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crank painters---looking for Bomber Model A blanks

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crank painters---looking for Bomber Model A blanks

I looked thru the jig forum and didn't see much for crankbait guys like myself. I'm looking for a source for Bomber Model A blanks. I use everything from Shad Raps to Hellbenders when I'm pulling cranks for crappie. I need some small to medium choices.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crank painters---looking for Bomber Model A blanks

I know you said bomber A but if you're looking for small to medium Have you tried these 'bandit 200' blanks from dinger baits? I used them last summer and they've all run true, $1.90 a blank I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post
    Thanks torch thanked you for this post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally different action.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Have you contacted these guys?

https://www.wlure.com/collections/blank-crankbait

There are also a lot of other guys selling knockoffs of various styles on ebay.

Lure Blanks | eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itallushrt View Post
    Have you contacted these guys?

https://www.wlure.com/collections/blank-crankbait

There are also a lot of other guys selling knockoffs of various styles on ebay.

Lure Blanks | eBay
    Thanks. I have boxes of blanks from eBay that are not as described. Some run true, many are junk. I painted 30 of one style from wLure that all had rust issues with the ball bearing rattles. They made great keychains.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it's best to go with the real deal. Look for buy/sale/trade forums and Facebook groups of the bass guys, they'll sell used (and new ones) dirt cheap cause they have dozens. I got a bunch of Bandits in the $3 range, colors don't matter since you're painting yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,

I saw bombers and thought "hey, another guy that fishes with those things for walleye and salmon. Then I saw who it was and "knew" what you were looking for.

I have a TON of bombers from my old salmon/stealhead days. Unfortunately, they are of the LARGE variety and wouldn't help you out one bit otherwise I would send them to you.

One thought that might help: Contact Northwoods up in Pinconning Michigan. They have all kinds of stuff and often at rediculous prices compared to others. As an example, some sell Rapala DDHJ 12's for around 6.75 to 7.50 whereas they sell them for 3.99.

Reason I say to contact them is that they have a history of purchasing inventory from bait shops. They may have a giant supply or selection of what you are looking for. Their website might be of little help however. In speaking with the owners, they told me they simply go through too much stuff in one week to ever keep up with 100% inventory on their site. Shoot them a call and they will more than likely be able to help.

Also, being as you do own a business (charter captain and if I remember correctly, you do some taxidermy). You may be able to contact the company directly. Ask for a local distributor in your area. You "should" be able to purchase them directly form the distributor at wholesale prices as you are a charter captain and using them for your business. As a result, you will not be paying the 10% federal excise tax on fishing equipment and or state sales tax (if you have it). That should help you out tremendously.

Hope these options help you
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check with Northwoods. I just got an order of 4 Shakespeare line counter reels and 6 Opti planer boards with flag kits last week from them. I've been having friends buy them at garage sales and flea markets if they find them.

Thanks for the replies guys.

BTW, don't think crappie won't hit 7A or 8A Bombers. I have photos to prove they will.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes blueball LIKED above post