Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High water here, first time ever...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default High water here, first time ever...

This is the first time that my boat dock has ever been under water this time of the year (30 plus years). I aslo heard that the Miss river was as high as it has ever been this time of the year. Can anyone confirm this? The water in our area of the Tennessee River is really churning. More rain headed our way. So much for my fishing plans this weeknd...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    This is the first time that my boat dock has ever been under water this time of the year (30 plus years). I aslo heard that the Miss river was as high as it has ever been this time of the year. Can anyone confirm this? The water in our area of the Tennessee River is really churning. More rain headed our way. So much for my fishing plans this weeknd...
    The floods on the Ohio and Missouri rivers (10-12 ft above flood stage) are being dumped in the Mississippi. Thus the Tn river is being held back and by the tva website should get to 360-361 before maybe stablizing and hopefully without rain begin to get back to normal. 354-355 range. Feb is usually a good fishing month but if the water falls and it turns really cold it could be a dud.

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect that KY Lake is being filled up right now to prevent flooding down stream. I know that the Corps has Patoka lake at 540ft right now and winter pool is 532ft. So it's 8 ft higher than it should be due to all the rain. Patoka drains via the Patoka River into the Walbash River and it's been flooding for the last week. The White river is also flooding and both those drain into the Ohio which was also flooding last week. The rivers should start dropping in the next weeks if we don't get any more heavy rains.

What is the KY lake level right now Tom? Can you see your gauge still?

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

same thing here, all the rivers are flooding and the temp shot up over 10 degrees in some spots in just two days.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah It went from 30 to 65 here. It melted all the snow.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it's good you pulled the boat a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

At New Johnsonville 360.8 should be 354-355

Post Thanks / Like

They were pulling down the Tennessee river real hard in Northeast Alabama today. It was a little high, but not bad at all. I had 28 good crappie and 13 good bream and wow did they taste good. That was my supper tonight.