Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cooper Creek water conditions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cooper Creek water conditions?

Well I have made the 15 hour drive down from Michigan to try my luck catching some of Truman's famous crappie. First time down here. Going to try the Cooper Creek area tomorrow. Anyone know what kind of water conditions I can expect down there? Also any information on how deep of water I should start my search in. I'm going to be very jigging with plastics. Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you do good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Muddy, but the fish will cooperate if you can find them. I caught some Saturday in 12 to14 foot of water, 8 to 10 foot down. I did much better tipping that plastic with a minnow than just the jig.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The lake is up from 705.8 in March to 710.3 now so a lot of wood will be under the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

That part of the lake can be bad for 2 reasons..wind and a very tricky channel and lots of widow makers out there(trees right below the surface.) If you have a good GPS on board and its set right(stay on the channel) , you won't lose a lower unit...and with the wind forecast this week, 20 foot alum. boat might be pretty bouncy. absolutely be careful. you might be better off to go down towards Bucksaw with bit clearer water and 2 pole in the creeks in the open and in and out of the timber till you find em. . find the shad and you will find the fish. the guys at bucksaw will send you in the right direction. prob jig tipped with minnow.
    Likes dfar LIKED above post