Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get out this windy weekend ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone get out this windy weekend ?

Couple of nice warm days, just really windy. Got out this morning, river still really muddy and a little high. Water temp 48* to 49* in the morning . Almost to windy to cast. Managed 2 dinks and a drum, in about 1 1/2 hrs. Was hoping the white bass were moving but couldn't find them. Maybe by next weekend.
    Likes funfishers LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I fought the wind and the wind won. Yesterday, fished Lake Lemmon, 57 degree water, very muddy to stained heavily, tried to long line jigs and miserable boat control for 6.5 hrs. Caught 7 crappies pure white with no color whatsoever and threw them all back. Today, friend talked me into fishing West Boggs as they have been catching a few there. But they are the fish that were in the deep holes when DNR poisoned out the shad. Caught couple small 12" bass, 3 small gills and 2 crappies and quit abour 2 hrs ago as I have had enough of the wind. It's going to be a year or two before Boggs has any keeper size crappies and the fish everybody catches now, when they are gone, then everybody will have to wait on the stockings to grow up to size. Spent the 2 days learning and playing with a new MK TI 7 side scan and really like it mounted on a Da Ducer made by Rickie from the main forum site (podunkideas.com). Here is a link with the pics. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/fishi...dunkideas-com/
    Think I will wait a couple of days cause the weather is going to get rainy again and possible storms tomorrow afternoon again.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes funfishers LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

rickie makes GOOD stuff i got sum and they are great

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes cevans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got out this afternoon and went below the dam at Missy. Right on schedule they increased the discharge about 2 feet before i got there and completely screwed up the spot i had been catching them out of earlier this week. Caught 2 dinks there. Left and went and fished off the point by the main cove and did better there. Had 8 crappie from 10-12 inches and several throw backs. Also caught 5 white bass, all small. Im sure bite will pick up again fast as soon as water comes back down a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Time was limited for the wife and I this weekend, that combined with the wind left us in the car while driving around scouting future fishing spots. Located a couple of spots at Camp Atterbury recommended on this forum, will try later. Right now gearing up for our trip to KY Lake at the end of May, always a fun trip, might even catch more this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we might as well get used to the wind. Right now according to WeatherBug, 13 mph and already gust at 20 and the sun is not even up yet, so not dragging my boat out to fish this morning. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a nice breeze to fish in as I prefer windy banks to fish, but my face and hands right now are beet red from the wind from the last 2 days. Think I will check out some mushroom patches today.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I will go with you cevans. Drove past Boggs to go try the lake on the base. Wind was just too much and tested the spot lock and batteries. Found an area holding a mix of fish but the crappie were short hitting and there was no thump with the wind and caps. Little turd bass didn't seem to mind the wind. Finally drug out a bass rod and caught a few short bass where I could avoid the wind. Needed to stay away from shore due to trees swaying and danger of limbs falling. Better days to come.
    Likes cevans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Boggs was pounded yesterday. Fishing pressure will wreak havoc on that small lake in short time. I hadn't fished Boggs in 25 yrs or more and remembered everywhere I had bass fished club tourneys when there yesterday. It was like a trip back in time. Yes, better times ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Skunked on Summit yesterday. Water 49-51*

Post Thanks / Like

Fished west of Camp Atterbury on a private lake Sunday morning before the wind kicked up. Water temp was 54.5 - 55.5. Caught 20 on a white 1/16 oz jig with kalin tennessee shad triple threat with a crappie nibble. Very lite bite along the weed edges in 8 - 10 fow. All crappie were between 10 and 11.5 inch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast