HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you are thinking about the Engel bait cooler.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you are thinking about the Engel bait cooler.......

Last week I purchased the 19qt Engel live bait cooler. I got 100 shiners Friday evening to fish with Saturday morning. Went fishing Saturday and thought about going Sunday so I kept the shiners I did not use. I ended up not going Sunday. Last night (Monday) I was going to dump the dead shiners in the bayou by my house. I opened up the bait cooler and to my surprise there were only about 6 dead ones. I took my dip net and scooped the bottom and found the ones that were alive were "very alive". Wow. I am very please with my purchase. If anyone is thinking about getting one I don't think you will be disappointed. Just thought I would share this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks ozarks ranger thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got one last year and have had no problems keeping minnows alive up to 6 days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 13 qt model and love it.
    USAF Retired - 1988 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the 13qt. for 2 years. Only problem I have had is the bubbler. I did persuade Engle to replace it. It's a very good product.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls
    Likes Fishaholic_Jim LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The price kept me away for a long time, but bit the bullet? and glad I did. It's a good investment if you bait fish enough to justify it.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Nate77;3402477]Last week I purchased the 19qt Engel live bait cooler. I got 100 shiners Friday evening to fish with Saturday morning. Went fishing Saturday and thought about going Sunday so I kept the shiners I did not use. I ended up not going Sunday. Last night (Monday) I was going to dump the dead shiners in the bayou by my house. I opened up the bait cooler and to my surprise there were only about 6 dead ones. I took my dip net and scooped the bottom and found the ones that were alive were "very alive". Wow. I am very please with my purchase. If anyone is thinking about getting one I don't think you will be disappointed. Just thought I would share this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

cant beat an engle. i will say when it starts warming up i keep 4 20oz coke bottle with water in them in the freezer you keep one of those in there and the aireator would burn up before they died. i leave the lid open at night on mine and so far am able to turn off the arieator

Post Thanks / Like

I got one and am impressed as well.I had 7 dozen in mine for 2 days and didn't lose a single minnow.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't make me have to spend some more money.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my brother both have the 13 qt. I like them but honestly I am somewhat disappointed in the quality for the money. They do a good job of keeping bait alive. Both of ours has started to pull out the slot where the aerator hangs from. The plastic has just striped so they will have to be glued when they get worse. Also the aerator puts out a very anemic amount of bubbles compared to any other one I've used. To help we have switched the airstone to a 4"weighted disc. With that said I still like the product and would recommend it to others. Just seems silly they can't improve that aerator for their price. It's also one of the loudest ones I've seen

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
    Likes 20watt LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine for Christmas and have used it 5 times and having trouble with the aerator works part of the time and don't work most of the time. I thank I will call engle tomorrow the 12 adaptor would be great if it only worked all the time.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast