HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Anybody been on Twain? Haven't seen much in the way of reports but thinking of heading that way but saw the water went up a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

She's leveling off around 608' but yeah, coming up from 601' means the rivers (upper end) will be a mess for a few days. I've heard of some decent reports coming out of the lower end so you might check out Little Indian and Big Indian. Water may have settled by the weekend. I'd focus on the mouths of creeks on the timber and if I were going, I'd be rigging for sure.

U
    Likes hdhntr, LSL Angler, IL_Hunter LIKED above post
    Thanks buckethead01 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

went up Saturday to run the boat and fished a couple hours. didn't really catch anything. surprisingly it wasn't very muddy. eemc had a tournament going think they did alright. 50 degrees in the northern creeks

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been yet, but I follow Lynn Tharp on Facebook and he has been posting pictures of some nice catches.
    https://www.facebook.com/Lynns-Fishi...3116997899359/

PS - I'm not affiliated with them, I just like to see the pictures and reports.
    Last edited by IL_Hunter; 04-05-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing against Lynn Tharp but the fish in those pictures aren't coming from Mark Twain. I can tell you that for a fact.

Post Thanks / Like

dep589... you are correct sir. If people would take the time to look at the shorelines in the background of the pictures, they'd be able to see it's not Twain. I've been with Lynn on that lake but I've been sworn to secrecy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This may open up a hornets nest, but, if you look at the brochure for "that lake" it says that guiding for pay is prohibited. I am not talking about Twain.
    Last edited by Fishboy69; 04-06-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added more.
    Likes dep589 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy69 View Post
    This may open up a hornets nest, but, if you look at the brochure for "that lake" it says that guiding for pay is prohibited. I am not talking about Twain.
    Yeah I seen that also and Im not saying that he is or that I have a problem with it but thats why I didn't mention the lake by name. I don't know him personally but know who he is and have seen him around Mark Twain before and especially that lake more than a handful of times this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy69 View Post
    I checked that brochure, and it seems to be the lake I was thinking of. Pretty shady deal if that his M.O. and he can't make things work on Twain. I would cancel the trip, it that was the plans for the day. If I want to fish Twain, I want to fish Twain, not west of Twain an hour and a half. But this thread does make me want to head back to that lake, since it is an hour closer to me than Twain anyway.
    Likes dep589 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The way it is getting fished you better hurry because it will be fished out before long. Everyone is on it keeping everything the can catch it seems like. If Mark Twain doesn't improve from last year I might be fishing it a lot more. I have caught a few 14 inchers this year and haven't been keeping anything under 11 usually and haven't been having a problem keeping a limit or two almost every time out. Going to try Twain this weekend I believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast