HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Partner: Shelby County Area

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request Crappie Partner: Shelby County Area

Hi guys! I hope you're all having a safe day today with these storms whipping through here. My name is, Brian, and I was hoping to possibly meet someone awesome that I could fish with around my area. Not really feeling the bank fishing now with all the snakes moving around. Spring time is breeding time for those jokers and I'd hate to get bit fishing alone. I keep trying to fish off the banks with minnows, but they tell me the fish are not shallow yet, so it's really a drag. I mean, I'm out there at 5am ready to feel the thump and 5 hours goes by fast and nothing. I went last year and caught 18 in 2 hours same spot. And all these ponds around here that are stocked are bass and cats.

The main bodies of water I normally fish are Lay Lake, Oak Mountain State Park, Logan Martin, Alabama River, Lake Mitchell, Jackson Lake and Cooter's Pond (I grew up on Cooter's and Jackson so I know them well).

I don't mind driving as long as it's not 2-3 hours. I live in Shelby County, Alabama. I work 2 jobs and I get my daughters on the weekends, so I'll have to plan it out. I work for Forestry during the week and have weekends off, and my other job is at night but only a few nights a week. I can throw in on gas, snacks, bait or whatever. I have my own equipment and bait bucket. I'm a cool guy. I am 38. I'm quiet and I don't talk a lot. Lol. I really would like to meet someone cool to fish with this Spring. Haven't been fishing for crappie from a boat really since my grandfather passed away in '96.

Well, have a blessed day guys and I hope to hear back from someone sooner than later. My last post only had 1 reply - thanks, Prater!

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad I'm way over here in MS, or I would be happy to have you tag along in my boat! Good luck with finding a partner!
    Likes Jiggah LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the fishing's good over there. Good luck buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm far from local, but I would consider a kayak. Some are inexpensive, can transport without a special tow vehicle, provides a great stealth factor, and as funds allow, you can really trick one out. I fish from a boat, but also from a kayak. With the kayak, I can get in water that would be impossible with my glass boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really thinking of that Kayak option too. I've been looking at videos. I can swim lol

Takeum is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have room tomorrow , but I live in Shelby county Tn,,,,Big slabs being caught right now,,, no minnows harmed either
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore
    Likes Jiggah LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer. I am off Friday and I am down to go. We just had a bad store here though. The storm is supposed to return Wednesday.

The issue with the Kayak is I have a car and no trailer, so that option isn't going to work for me. But I'm looking into it.

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Put this on the Alabama forum there is alot of good guys (from what I've read) down in that area they just had a spring camp this past weekend that would have been a great place to meet some of them.
    Likes John Doe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggah View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I am off Friday and I am down to go. We just had a bad store here though. The storm is supposed to return Wednesday.

The issue with the Kayak is I have a car and no trailer, so that option isn't going to work for me. But I'm looking into it.
    tie it to the roof of the car.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Fairfield Alabama. I have sold my boat. Sorry. I am 71 and a bank fisherman now who likes to fish Crappie and Bluegill. Shoot me a PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Thanks Jiggah thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast