This is the latest start of any season that I can remember! Due to the crazy hold-on winter we've been having, we've lost a whole month of good fishing. Yesterday, I snowblowed and shoveled about 3" of heavy wet snow. Afterwards, I did some stretching exercises and took a muscle relaxer - hit the sack by 7:30 last night! I was POOPED! LOL!

Felt pretty good this morning, so I grabbed a quick breakfast and headed out to a local pond at 8 am. Started out throwing Sliders and and ended with curly tails. Home by 10:30 am....back was starting to act up; didn't want to push my luck and get laid up. But....I'm happy I did get out. Sunny, mild, calm morning to be fishing from the bank. Very pleasant. And the "net" results (pun - pun) were 3 so-so crappie (around 9") and 3 fat & scrappy 13" rainbow trout (stockies).

Sure felt good to feel that 7' SHSS bucking in my hands once again. I almost forgot what it felt like! The crappie favored the Slider Grubs, whereas the trout leaned more toward the curly tails. Both could only be caught by casting out and letting the jig hit bottom. Then a VERY slow retrieve back. At about a 1/2 a cast back you'd get whacked. I even caught a shiner - maybe 6" long on this presentation! Guess the pond is coming back.

Anyway, hopefully Walt & I will be casting from the boat sometime this week - if we don't get another snowstorm that is! Sorry for not having any pictures. Just didn't think I'd start hitting them like I did. Next time for sure.