HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night and Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night and Day

I hit a spot close to home yesterday in the wee early morning . It was peaceful and quiet and not a soul around . I started hurting them good right off and saw all the males scooting off the beds when I walked up in the dark .
    About 3 or 4 fish later the woods behind me lit up with headlamps and here they came !
    They came in from the left the right and from directly behind me as well, I had to holler at them to quit shining the water as the fish were spooky and it would jack them up to start headlamping the water, But they all seemed to pretty nice guys and I loaded ones fish basket instead of tossing them back . I could see he was looking at me like what the heck ? Them spring time crappie sure do make a fuss up on top in the dark and then the questions began . What are you using ? How deep are you fishing ? and so on ...so I gave them tips and baits and fish and then about 8 am hauled myself off to work .
    When I got home to get a quick shower a bud called and said hey lets hit a spot I know . I said I just got in from ketchn crappie bro , he said yeah but the spot I want to hit is on fire and no one knows about this one !
    So we headed off about lunch time for a few hours to a lake I have not visited in 25 years . He wasn't kidding around and the presentation was very different than the ole float action I have been up to . Sit out about 4 boat lengths from the shore and bottom hop your jig back to the boat was the ticket in the daylight at that spot .
    We hammered the fire out them like a fishing show and left after about 2.5 hours with 30 in the livewell . We easily managed more than 2 limits of keepers but he said he didn't want any just legal fish and didn't want to clean fifty either . the fish on that lake were super frisky and most were jumping like black bass on the way back in to the boat .
    hope you enjoy the read and the photos ....and have a great weekend as well ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks Specklocker thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

nice bro. I havnt been crappie fishing at night yet but i c ant wait to do it .

Post Thanks / Like

please share Obi Wan, you mad night crappie spawning tactics! I needs to know how to do it! I wade while others are in the boat and kill them when in shallow but always looking for new ways to getrdone.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

BAMA S is online now Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.

Regards

Ttexastom is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish, thank you for the report
    John 3:16

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed reading your adventure, one of the many things I love about this forum. When I can't go fishin, which is most of the time, I live it through all of you.
    Thank you so much.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Brother i do the same thing this time of year and yes they can be spooky even at night. I to love to read your post because we fish very seminar. Here's a few in caught last week Name:  20170326_211020.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  30.2 KBName:  20170326_210804.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  29.5 KB

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast