Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Rapala Filet Knife, bad charger?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Rapala Filet Knife, bad charger?

Got new knife in, and both batteries are not charged. Instructions say "Put in charger, push discharge button, red blinking light. Wait four plus hours, wait for green light, and BINGO" Well, I get one blink of the red light when I plug the charger in, then no lights at all... Anyone here got any insight? Because, apparently there is no one to call at Rapala to find out what the problem is....
    ARRRG!

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Finally located a phone number, but the answering machine said, "No one is available to take your call, leave a number"... I did, but I'm thinking this knife headed back to the seller, and I'm going for an American Angler...

Post Thanks / Like

FURTHER UPDATE: I finagled with it till I got the charge light to come on, so I guess I will keep it, for now... That is, if the battery charges...

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I owe Rapala an apology, because they just called me, and explained that I needed to push the battery into the charger firmly enough that it snaps in, which I obviously had not been doing... Now, we will see how it works on the next mess of fish, since I did the last ones with my manually operated knife, while I was cussing!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it figured out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had two, followed all instructions and dang things arn't worth spit! Took both back and got a no name from Academy that works just fine first time every time. Those rapala's are junk IMO
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-31-2017 at 06:46 PM.