Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: American Angler electric knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Angler electric knife

I ask before on here what was the best electric filet knife. The American Angler Pro is always mentioned but my question is...........Is it really worth $100 more than your cheaper B&D or Mr Twister? Is it really that much better? I don't mind paying more money for a better product but I've cleaned a couple of thousand crappie with my B&D EK700 before I had to replace it and it only cost $15. It's hard to imagine it being that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The rapala heavy duty is just like the pro aa. Lots of extra power and fits aa shark blades which are the best there is. It's only $50 so makes it a no brainer over the pro aa. It's the only rapala knife that's any good though imo

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

But yes they are worth it. They clean so much faster and that's the whole idea

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that depends on how many and what kind of fish you clean on a yearly basis. I don't have issues with the cheap electric knives and I like the straight blade style that they come with. They are definitely not as powerful as an AA, but for a crappie..... They will heat up faster and they will die faster. But for $10 a knife? Not much of an issue for me. If you're a recreational fisherman that has many other hobbies, probably not a big deal. If you're a guide or a one-hobby person (and that hobby is fishing like a mad man), don't even look at the cheap ones.
    Likes Bassingfreek, bandchaser LIKED above post